Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

pH and algae

System is still cycling and  I have an algae bloom and high pH, are these two things related? I don't mind the algae as I had read the foru…

Started by Mitch Rogers

14 Apr 14, 2012
Reply by M D Fowler

Finally cycling. What do these levels mean?

Hi everyone, My system in finally cycling.  I have levels of Nitrites and Nitrates present, but my ammonia and ph are still pretty high. My…

Started by Edwin Mercado

7 Apr 12, 2012
Reply by Edwin Mercado

adding carbon dioxide

I read adding carbon dioxide lowers PH, but could also increase alge...two questions..how do you add the carbon dioxide and what do you d…

Started by Charlotte Seibert

14 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

PH down

Can anyone tell me how much PH down to use, I bought some but there is no instructions as to how to use it, I can't  get my PH down lower t…

Started by Charlotte Seibert

8 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Charlotte Seibert

Where is the best place to get well water tested?

Had a water well drilled on Wednesday and want to have the water tested to possibly use in my fish tank. I thought of taking it to my local…

Started by Bob Vento

2 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

800-1000W Fish Tank Heater Search

I bought a 500 Watt Titanium heater for the 100 gal RubberMaid Ag fish tank, thinking that was large enough since they are typically rated…

Started by Bill Moore

21 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by Bill Moore

How water is added to the trays

When I first built my system I added water at the edge of the tray. Later, I noticed that the plants near where the water came in were bigg…

Started by Mike Roe

0 Mar 11, 2012

How does rainwater affect the aquaponic system?

Living in South Florida, we get a good deal of rain. I am sure the rain water will be great for the plants.  I am planning to have an overf…

Started by Bob Vento

3 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

pH meter in water with salt added

I have a system that I had added a small amount of salt to a while back in order to help with potential nitrite poisoning of my fish. I don…

Started by claude saunders

8 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by David R. Russell

High PH problem

My 8.5 PH has not dropped for 7 weeks of fishless cycling. Have hoped it would drop as have heard many times will be high for cycle up. Yes…

Started by steve

52 Mar 8, 2012
Reply by randy proctor

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service