Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Water Topics (337)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using a Fresnel Lens to Heat Water

We've just started researching this little gem, so haven't acquired the lens yet...but checking around! A Fresnel (the 's' is silent I thin…

Started by Pam DeLong

6 Oct 15, 2015
Reply by Pieter Swanevelder

Heating fish water

I live in Oregon, and temperatures are in the 20's-40's F I am looking for a way to heat up my 250 gallon fish tank, aquaponics bed and gre…

Started by Greg Gore

17 Oct 14, 2015
Reply by Michael & Kristine Stoddard

Nitrate Issues

I have a 600 gallon system and have nitrates as high as the API test will register. Ammonia is .25 and pH is around 6. The dissolved solids…

Started by Jeff S

3 Oct 9, 2015
Reply by George

Alternative Filtering Idea?

I have a heavily stocked IBC tank with 2 media IBC GBs and 1 IBC DWC bed. I have increased the feed rate to the fish for faster growth and…

Started by Jeff S

6 Aug 25, 2015
Reply by George

Successful Rainwater Systems

Anybody here running a successful aquaponic system with healthy plants off of rainwater?

Started by Alex Veidel

1 Aug 25, 2015
Reply by George

Potassium Bicarbonate not working

Hello My question pertains to controlling kh. I was given my set up last February and have learned from just reading and doing. Before summ…

Started by Cliff Lewis

13 Aug 18, 2015
Reply by David Marland

interpreting the cycling data

Hi all, I am going to start out by saying that I totally get the theory of aquaponics and the ammonia being converted to nitrites by bacter…

Started by Allie Wilson

6 Jul 20, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

Question regarding the safety of sodium thiosulfate to dechlorinate water

Hello everyone, I haven't posted anything in months, as was waiting out winter here in Seattle and there was nothing really happening in my…

Started by Ricky Flickenger

24 Jun 7, 2015
Reply by Hank Paloci

Cycled?

Hi, everybody. I'm here, and new to AP. I've set up a new system: There's been water flowing thru the system for 3 weeks. FT 250 gal IBC…

Started by Patrick DiFlorio

2 May 2, 2015
Reply by Patrick DiFlorio

Should grow beds be cleaned??

I just recently harvested my first crop of medical marijuana. Everything was a success!........Now I its time time to pull out the stumps.…

Started by KoiKush

7 Apr 29, 2015
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service