Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Problems/Issues (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Heater Manual, can anyone help?

Two years ago I purchased the propane/solar heater sold in the store. Well, my fish died last fall so I went ahead and shut down the heater…

Started by Windy Elliott

3 Mar 14, 2016
Reply by Glenn

Bugs...out of options!! Please help

Hey everybody, I am battling aphids in my indoor system. I have literally tried everything: blasting them with water, insecticidal soap, n…

Started by Brendan Van Epps

8 Mar 14, 2016
Reply by Michelle Tonkinson

How to set up a great Swirl filter between media bed and raft bed

I have a hybrid system with 7 media beds and 1 raft. between the last media bed and the raft is a swirl filter that clogs up regularly. It…

Started by Barbara George

3 Mar 14, 2016
Reply by George

Need help and advices

I currently having problem with my green vegetable; I noticed that burn at the edge of the leaf and leaf crack. Is that a nutrient deficien…

Started by WeeTT

3 Mar 13, 2016
Reply by WeeTT

how to clean the wall of a fish tank when it is empty

I live in a part of the world where I have to harvest everything in my system when it is summer time and later on start the system again wh…

Started by Moe

3 Mar 8, 2016
Reply by George

Recommendation for bio balls and ways to oxygenate water?

Hello Everyone, I have about 500 gallon tank in the backyard and plan on expanding it to 2x or 3x that in the coming year.  I'm looking to…

Started by Gary Zhang

2 Dec 8, 2015
Reply by cameron

Bugs: what are they and how can I get rid of them?

Hi fellow Aquaponics people, I am new to aquaponics, and have a system that was outside before it was setup inside to grow. I noticed that…

Started by George Leger III

2 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by George Leger III

Aphids, ladybugs and worm tea

Hey all, I have had the worse time with aphids this month and can't seem to win the battle. I started with just trying to wash them off, we…

Started by Charlotte Seibert

17 Sep 25, 2015
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Nutrient Supplementation in Certified Organic Commercial Aquaponics

I co-manage a large USDA Certified Organic Commercial Aquaponics Greenhouse in North Central Indiana. Total volume of  this system is appro…

Started by Michael Brooks

3 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Scott Roberts

Plant issues

sorry if I'm not in the right discussion. I'm a newbie, I have a 75 gallon tank with 15 young tilapia. Most of my plants are self pollinati…

Started by Sandy pikelny

3 Jul 12, 2015
Reply by Gilda Baise

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service