Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Problems/Issues (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

in line tanks and water levels...

I have a 100 gallon stock tank under 5 35 gallon grow beds in a greenhouse. To hopefully reduce the amount of water tapped from the main ta…

Started by Paul Westberg

8 Aug 16, 2011
Reply by Paul Westberg

Correct dosage for potassium bicarbonate fungicide

Hi there   Can anyone familiar with potassium bicarb - based commercial fungicides please give me an indication of the following: 1) The %…

Started by Kobus Jooste

7 Jun 28, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Mold?

I was just down feeding my fish and noticed that there is some mold around a couple of my plants with the clay balls. The bed is filled to…

Started by Windy Elliott

24 Jun 27, 2011
Reply by Windy Elliott

Black Slime

I am fairly new to aquaponics and this my second summer trying it. Question is, there seems to be a slimy black film covering my clay pebbl…

Started by Jill Chen

8 Jun 11, 2011
Reply by Gary Searle

levels off the charts

My ammonia levels, nitrite, nitrate levels all peg the chart. I had a massive fish kill a few weeks ago and have been cycling and changing…

Started by Randy Sexton

8 May 17, 2011
Reply by Johann

Problem with my tank

I have a 30 gallon tank and have recently been having some issues with it.  It used to be crystal clear all the time and then started to be…

Started by Nicole Richmond

4 May 12, 2011
Reply by Kirk

Heating my Greenhouse

I had an idea on how to heat my greenhouse and wanted to know what you all think.   I was going to get a pellet stove insert from a friend …

Started by Joe Bifano

20 May 9, 2011
Reply by Joe Bifano

Ammonia!

We have a 500 gallon tank with about 100 fingerling catfish. The ammonia is in the harmful to dangerous range (I don't have a more specific…

Started by Brian Hitchcock

28 Apr 18, 2011
Reply by Brian Hitchcock

Fire ants

I am happy to say that about 48 hours fluiding the beds made the ants move out.   I did use poison on some hills in green house and around…

Started by Jerry Littlefield

0 Apr 7, 2011

liner leaching

Hi I am considering buying a roll of 800 gauge high density polyethylene to line my growbeds, is 800 gauge heavy enough?  i'll be using pea…

Started by kevin darcy

72 Feb 12, 2011
Reply by Greener

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service