Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Problems/Issues (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Solar Panel Connections

Hello to all fellow aquapons,     Im in the middle of the southwests desert with all the sunshine in the world, and am starting a serie…

Started by Felix

2 Feb 23, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Nitrate Nightmare

System info: Question about a very small aquaponic setup I'm trying out in my apartment.  10 gal aquarium and a 2 ft. section of 4 in. PVC…

Started by Amanda Plante

10 Feb 11, 2013
Reply by John Cubit

Fingerlings and Nitrates

I've got a problem. My little tilapia fingerlings have been dying off one at a time every since I put them in my tank. Lose about one or tw…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Jan 31, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

We've Sprung a Leak!

Hello and thanks for your help. Background: I'm working with a local high school gardening program.  Last year my coworkers and I built an…

Started by Amanda Plante

19 Dec 20, 2012
Reply by Amanda Plante

Low water temperature

Unfortunately the colder temperatures that have recently come have left me with an excruciatingly high gas bill to heat my greenhouse hot e…

Started by Roger Baldwin

3 Dec 13, 2012
Reply by Jason A.

Siphon won't initiate

Hello there!  I'm new to the group, but am excited to learn more about aquaponics here!I've got a small "Barrelponics" system that I've set…

Started by Michael Brewer

5 Dec 9, 2012
Reply by Michael Brewer

Help...calculating tank size and greenhouse size....

We are in Bali.  Monsoon on the way at the moment so will return in a couple of hours.   The property has a rectangular concrete pad 13x2…

Started by World traveler

1 Nov 28, 2012
Reply by David Palmer

Retrofitting a commercial NFT system to Aquaponics

Hi everyone.  My wife and I own a small commercial NFT system and are tired of inorganic mineral salts and rockwool and all that.  So we've…

Started by Benjamin Frimmer

3 Nov 8, 2012
Reply by Benjamin Frimmer

300 gallon tote questions

So I just got a 300 gallon tote from some random person on Craigslist.  He said it was non-toxic stuff that was in it but I think he lied.…

Started by W

6 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Matt T.

fruit fly infestation

I have a mad infestation of fruit flies in my greenhouse. I should say "very small flies that look like they might be fruit flies" since I…

Started by Courtney Edwards

6 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Keith Rowan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service