Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Problems/Issues (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Low pH from grow media?

It seems like something's in my grow media that is lower pH like crazy.  My grow media is hydroton. I rinsed off the hydroton and tried sta…

Started by John

8 May 24, 2013
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

raccoons and grow beds

Recently the raccoons have been pulling up plants in my constant flood beds. They seem to mostly ignore the flood and drain beds though. Af…

Started by Averan

11 May 20, 2013
Reply by George

Two tanks & three growbeds, what is the best configuration?

The other day I managed to obtain three 50 gallon cold water tanks.  I'm pretty sure that I want to use three of them for growbeds and two…

Started by Ron Faulkner

0 May 6, 2013

Fascinating Problem: RISING sump.. Anyone Had This Happen??

So something fascinating happened today, and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen..  It rained tons today, and I go to check on…

Started by Nick Scud

6 May 6, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Water level issue with my flood and drain system

hello, I have a275 g tank and i dont want the fish to suffer when most of the water gets drained out to the nine half blue barrels.  Shou…

Started by Andrew Cope

4 May 4, 2013
Reply by Andrew Cope

Gradual decontamination: good idea or bad?

I was feeling really psyched about my first aquaponic setup, which you can see in this brief video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-QSVILv

Started by Ben Stallings

5 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by Randall Wimbish

Pest has surfaced...

Hi everybody, I have noticed a pest has come up in my system. Last night I noticed hundreds of little black specs.  I thought at first tha…

Started by Scott Mooney

5 Apr 6, 2013
Reply by Scott Mooney

Fish Analysis

Does anyone know where I can go to get my fish tested for diseases and such? Is that something a department of my goverment would offer? I'…

Started by Alex Veidel

1 Mar 24, 2013
Reply by David - WI

System Overhaul For Spider Mites

We talked to a horticulturist today that we randomly found while at Home Depot. (That's a story all on its own) He took a look at some samp…

Started by Alex Veidel

7 Mar 19, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Fire ants

Here in Texas fire ants have became a big problum. I have them in 2 or3 of my 48 1/2 bbl. system. Right now I am fluding these beds and a…

Started by Jerry Littlefield

8 Feb 26, 2013
Reply by M reed B

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service