Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Problems/Issues (133)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Food quality related to nutrient dificiency signs?

I have recently started experiencing an interesting problem with my micro-nutrient balance in the micro system.  Since I started running th…

Started by Kobus Jooste

31 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by Diane Reilly

Power Backup Basics

I just realized I am being foolish.  I don't have a backup generator, inverter, auto turn on or batteries.  What do I need to know and what…

Started by Daniel E Murphy

34 Nov 19, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

My fish are not liking the cold

The weather turned in Palm Springs CA. It's getting down to 45 at night. The Tilapia are not liking the change. The last couple of days the…

Started by Chris McMahon

3 Nov 8, 2011
Reply by Chris McMahon

Bug Problems/Plant problems

Hi I have been having some problems with bugs in my aquaponics set, First it was Fly that would attack me and bite me when i would go in my…

Started by Danny Daniel

3 Oct 26, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

how to use what I have

the big tank is 4'x8'x18" the 2 smaller ones are 4'x4'x10" and a 27 gallon rubber maid   I can get or make from pond liner one more tank to…

Started by Jane

15 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

How do make a failproof flood/drain system, when my growbed is UNDER my fishtank?

Hi everyone   This is my first post in this forum, and i'm completely new to aquaponics, so bare with me :)   I have been using the last co…

Started by Tommy Denda

15 Oct 16, 2011
Reply by Tommy Denda

Mold forming on hydroton in floating raft system

Hello, I have a floating raft system with hydroton in net pots.  Since I started the system about five weeks ago, I have had mold developin…

Started by Dion Manly

6 Sep 20, 2011
Reply by Dion Manly

Confusion over fish to growbed ratios...

Okay, I'm new to this and haven't built my first system yet (other than two 10 gallon tanks indoors) but can someone please help me underst…

Started by Sue McL

5 Sep 12, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Question:How to change hydroponic to aquaponic system & is it possible for it to be a non-recirculating system?

Hello All,   I have a 250 pot Vertigro hydroponic system that I was interested in converting to an aquaponic system. First, I must say, I a…

Started by A. Simon

21 Sep 2, 2011
Reply by A. Simon

Electrical charge in the water

Today I noticed that the water in my fish tank (res) is electrically charged! I unplugged everything and inspected the submersible heater n…

Started by Growzay

44 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by DJ Bisson Jr

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service