Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

System Cycling (164)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cycling

So I've read the forums. I've read Sylvia's book and taken the class.  I built an AP system and started the cycling process. First I estab…

Started by Dean Robinson

2 Aug 27, 2013
Reply by Dean Robinson

No nitrites noticed.

I believe I made the mistake of thinking my system had cycled and so I added 6 bluegill fish to now 150 gal system.  I have 16cubic feet of…

Started by len pierce

5 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by George

Fishless Cycling

I have just drained my system. My tap water tests at 4.0 and I filled my system with it. Have been fighting with it since June 1st. So we r…

Started by sherrie p cockram

14 Aug 7, 2013
Reply by sherrie p cockram

Can someone confirm that I am cycled?

I think I am there.  I let my PH crash and lost my progress and then about a week ago, I corrected and this is the first time I have seen 0…

Started by Tradewind

5 Jul 30, 2013
Reply by Tradewind

New system

I recently started a 250 gallon system.  Previously, I had little trouble starting a smaller 55 gallon system so I followed the same steps.…

Started by Fred

4 Jul 17, 2013
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

High Nitrite Question

Hello all.  Here's what happening: System: CHOP: 230 gallon fish tank, 200 gallon grow bed with expanded clay, 150 gallon sump.  Pump runs…

Started by Bill Irwin

11 Jul 15, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Nitrates?

I was using fish in an ibt tote for cycling. I started this in April of 2013.  I got tired of changing out the water so I through the fish…

Started by George David

5 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Ammonia and cycling

I'm in the third week of cycling and getting exciting results, nitrites are 5+ and nitrates are between 100 and 140.  Little confused on am…

Started by Dan Bartlett

5 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

Last year disaster, this year 1st time cycling.

First I want to thank Sylvia Bernstein for writing her book for with out it, I would be nowhere and second I can't thank those involved in…

Started by Gregory J. Showalter

18 Jun 3, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

sharing cycled water and media with a new system

I have a system doing well in my basement, beans starting, and my first pea blossom. Lettuce is really starting to take off, but things are…

Started by ods

3 May 29, 2013
Reply by ods

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service