Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Sustainability and Aquaponics (52)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

GMO's may have led to increased pesticide/herbicide usage

Found this article kind of interesting... http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/20/ge-crops-increase-pesticide-use.aspx

Started by Vlad Jovanovic

49 Sep 26, 2014
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

d.w.t. systems

Being new to this subject I made a deep water technique system- (d.w.t.)- using a 4" pipe- on the end of pipes ,contains a reduction plate…

Started by John Pink

0 Jul 10, 2014

FOOD FOR THE NATIONS!!! (FFN)

Join us at YWAM Los Angeles for our 5 day FFN seminar. During the seminar, you will learn how to build a practical 3rd world applicable aqu…

Started by Noah Howard

2 May 23, 2014
Reply by Noah Howard

Aquaponics in Nigeria

Heading over to Nigeria in December 2014 to set up a aquaponics garden for the locals. Hoping to use local materials. Any input would be he…

Started by John Meehan

2 May 23, 2014
Reply by Oyewusi Olaide Taofeeq

Is Aquaponics The End Goal?

I've been thinking about some of the differences between aquaponics and soil gardening. One difference in particular interests me. It seems…

Started by Alex Veidel

28 Apr 30, 2014
Reply by Jeremiah Robinson

Bachelors degree in horticulture or agriculture?

Hello everyone! I have been thinking on it for a while and I have decided that I would like to go to school to learn about and aquire a ski…

Started by Cameron Schuckert

5 Mar 24, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

(Exciting)Food For The Nations

Hello Folks!            I work with an organization called YWAM (youth with a mission). YWAM is a non profit Christian missions organizatio…

Started by Noah Howard

5 Nov 5, 2013
Reply by Chris Stratton

Dog waste ok in Biopod?

The thought of putting Dog waste in the Biopod (a remarkable compost bin that self harvests Black Soldier fly larvae) got me excited. Dog p…

Started by Jaimie Denner

17 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Jon Paul

Styrofoam Rafts

"Styrofoam is toxic to manufacture and constitutes, by volume, as much as thirty percent of landfills worldwide. Without the presence of c…

Started by Tim Day

5 Sep 8, 2013
Reply by Mark Hall

Duckweed in a system

Anyone have any tips on incorporating a duck weed tank in an Aquaponics system?   I have an upright 55 gallon barrel that's setup as a swir…

Started by Fred

1 Aug 30, 2013
Reply by Conner Goertzen

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service