Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plumbing / Pumps (181)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Plumbing Questions

As a novice to all of this, I continue to have questions.  The system I'm building is flood and drain with a 500 gallon fish tank with a 1:…

Started by John Wilson

17 Aug 21, 2013
Reply by TCLynx

Do I have to pump 24 hours a day?

I have access to some 250watt solar panels, and would like to get a DC pump.   Do I have to pump at night (for the plants)? for now lets as…

Started by Brian Mouncer

5 Aug 21, 2013
Reply by Mark Hall

Multiple Fish Tanks - One Pump

Would daisy-chaining two fish tanks together be problematic for any reason while using only one pump?I found two IBC Totes near me and was…

Started by Doug Johnson

6 Aug 14, 2013
Reply by Ki Pi

Pumping into the bottom of the fish tank

Has anyone ever tried to pump water into the bottom of their fish tank in order to cut down on the height they have to pump? I was thinking…

Started by Jason Finn

8 Aug 14, 2013
Reply by Ki Pi

Bell Siphon Problem

I'm having a problem with one of my bell siphons and was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what the problem may be? The siphon will n…

Started by Dan Lieder

15 Aug 12, 2013
Reply by Keith Rowan

bell siphon issues

i have 5 bell siphons exactly the same lengths cuts and everything and all drains fine but one drains too early i checked for leaks on the…

Started by kevin swords

0 Jul 30, 2013

Remove filter from pump?

I'm using an ActiveAqua pump in my system, and the pump comes with a built-in filter that I've been leaving in and occasionally cleaning.…

Started by Eric T

6 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Roger Baldwin

Please help me decide which pump I need

So many pumps, so little time.  Do I need a water pump, pond pump, or a sump pump?  Do I need a float switch?  How many GPH do I need for a…

Started by Rob Jordan

6 Jun 1, 2013
Reply by Mr Aristaeus

Fibreglass jet tub as stock tank

Hello all, New to aquaponics and the community. Have just started the quest for system components and came up with a beautiful deep, oval s…

Started by Dave Blackwell

0 May 28, 2013

Relative sizes of inflows and outflows

I'm setting up my first greenhouse-scale ap-system, you might have seen other threads about it.  I bought a more apropriate pump, and arran…

Started by Louise

1 May 17, 2013
Reply by Fred

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service