Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plumbing / Pumps (181)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bell Siphon Question

Hello all. New to aquaponics and building my first system. I have a question about Bell Siphon. Can I use one Bell Siphon to drain two tank…

Started by Charlie

5 Jun 17, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Quick Connect PVC connectors

All  In Murrary's  video he talks about quick connect PVC connectors so that thing like the pump and other items can be removed easily  for…

Started by Randy Paul

20 Jun 17, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

different types of pvc fittings, which to use?

So if I go to my neighborhood Home Depot I can generally find 3 types of pvc fittings: CPVC(yellowish pvc which i've been told is the one y…

Started by Calvin Schmidt

14 Jun 6, 2012
Reply by Bradly

Pump size for new system

I'm setting up my first aquaponic system which will be a flood and drain with a 650 gallon tank and grow beds initially numbered for a 1:1…

Started by John Wilson

10 May 29, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Frustrating bell siphon.

I'm all set up with gravel and everything but I have an inconsistent bell siphon.  It will work usually three or 4 times in a row but then…

Started by Daniel McElhattan

3 May 29, 2012
Reply by Bradly

Plumbing and flood and drain cycle

Newbie question,   I'm building a system and still fuzzy on plumbing,Murray uses a siphon with a 12 minute cycle in his video. "rules of th…

Started by brian kerns

12 May 15, 2012
Reply by bong sacay

Pump question.

When you are accounting for the vertical rise of water from your pump do you include distance traveled upward through water?  For instance…

Started by Daniel McElhattan

6 May 3, 2012
Reply by Paul Smith

Plumbing in South Africa

I am constructing an IBC system at home in line with Murray's design. The problem I have is trying to source the "snap off" fittings in Sou…

Started by Mark Huppelschoten

2 Apr 15, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Problem with my bell siphon

I've made a bell siphon after the instructions in this video:Plastic bottle bell siphon When I tested it without substrate, pumping water f…

Started by Louise

10 Apr 12, 2012
Reply by Louise

Larger (to me) system

Hi all, I have just picked the first crop of Swiss chard and spinach from my 20gallon system. Started the whole shebang in early January. M…

Started by Ian Cameron

3 Apr 11, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service