Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plumbing / Pumps (181)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ideal time constraint for Pump to turn off

hi all, i am Thomas and i am from india, i am newcomer and still i am learning and planning for construction of a system. since we have ele…

Started by tdeva

3 Aug 12, 2014
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Auto Siphon Not Stopping

Hi, I've created an auto siphon that does not stop siphoning water at a grow bed flow rate of higher than 62 GPH.  Is it possible that the…

Started by Carson Miller

3 Jul 30, 2014

Flooding and Draining a Grow Bed

I am looking for new ways to flood and drain a media grow bed. I am very familiar with the auto-siphon technique but I can find it very fru…

Started by Joel Berg

1 Jul 27, 2014

Looking to get a new pump

my pump is dying. I bought a $20 396gph pump last year and it is not pumping fast enough, it is causing the water to move very slowly in my…

Started by Gillian Burrus

0 Jul 27, 2014

sediment removing biofilter

Started by Milo Shefik

3 Jul 3, 2014
Reply by Glenn

Bell Siphon System

Hello all... So, I just finished my first bell siphon and have started testing it out and messing with some different variables.  Right no…

Started by CJ Dates

7 Jun 27, 2014

Indexing valve

I've used a six way indexing valve for 2 1/2 years, using a 50-watt or so pump.  Recently, the valve stopped indexing, which I thought was…

Started by George

3 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Scott Roberts

Plumbing to multiple growbeds with or without index valve?

I am finally starting to purchase all the parts I need for my system. I was wondering what the best way to plumb the growbeds from the fish…

Started by Jason Finn

7 Jun 16, 2014
Reply by Scott Roberts

fill and drain pipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ne9bMTN98EI set up my first in home ap recently.now I used 1/2" poly pipe.thats all trhe hardwear store ha…

Started by pierre roy

2 Jun 10, 2014
Reply by pierre roy

12volt pumps

Aloha, I am in the process of converting my system to solar and was wondering if anyone has experience with 12v pumps, which are the most r…

Started by Loke K.

7 May 29, 2014
Reply by George

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service