Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plumbing / Pumps (181)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mold in pump tubing

Hi all, I'm new to this community and to aquaponics in general.  I have a 10 gallon tank with guppies and a flood and drain system.  I've b…

Started by Tim Farrow

5 Nov 23, 2014
Reply by Tim Farrow

High turnover rate, siphon + timer?

Hello! I have a problem with my new (first) system. My fish tank is a small ~30 gallon. My bell siphon wont start unless I allow a flood a…

Started by Martin Sle

3 Nov 18, 2014
Reply by Jeff S

Vertical level switches

Hi there all   I am currently working on a design of a very small self watering garden, and want to find an effecient way to switch a small…

Started by Kobus Jooste

26 Nov 16, 2014
Reply by Nick Dark

Plumping with a timer and standpipe

Hello, I am back!  I could not stay away :)  now I am setting an IBC system.  Even the syphons are great when they work, I would like to do…

Started by Moe

2 Oct 20, 2014
Reply by Moe

electric brass valves

Hi I'm in the middle of construction of my main automated system I use pvc everywhere except the control valves they are brass solenoid val…

Started by kevin swords

0 Oct 3, 2014

Fish in Brdige Siphon

When my fish had their first batch of babies several got into my sump through the bridge siphon, which was a great spot for them to grow an…

Started by Suzanne Hayes

6 Sep 14, 2014
Reply by Suzanne Hayes

Siphon Stopped Working

I have a three grow-bed system with a 180 gallon main tank and a 90gallon sump.   The system has been working reliably for about 18months.…

Started by Bill Phelps

5 Sep 7, 2014
Reply by Bill Phelps

bell siphon floating

I am putting together a medium size system in my yard and an running into problems with the media beds bell siphon.  I have had a smaller s…

Started by Lyle

12 Sep 3, 2014
Reply by Rob Nash

Pipe Glue

I am just now beginning my aquaponic system, and was recently told that I should not glue my pipes well this is after the fact.  I have not…

Started by Reazo H

11 Sep 1, 2014
Reply by Nadeem Hydal

Grow media and bell siphon baffling blunders

have been building a ibc tote garden lately and yesterday I found myself at a bit of an impasse. After making my bell siphons and test the…

Started by Seth Lubben

7 Aug 12, 2014
Reply by Seth Lubben

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service