Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plumbing / Pumps (181)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

is a double bell siphon possible?

part of the reason ive been wanting to get into aquaponics is to lessen my footprint. i see the bell siphon autodrains the grow bin. what i…

Started by richcoulterjr

16 Feb 17, 2012
Reply by Shas Cho

Hand-operated system?

Do you think it might be possible to have a viable system that has the beds flooded every 8 hours, by hand?  I'm imagining a bed lowered wi…

Started by Eric T

17 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Don Stark

Two beds with two bell autosiphons

Hi, I just read Sylvia's book, and she talks about using indexing valves to switch from one bed to another, but these valves seem to work o…

Started by Eric T

9 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by Averan

Small Pumps

Hello Everyone,   I'm new to aquaponics and I'm in the process of setting up my first system.  I'm using a 32 gallon container for the fish…

Started by David Kirkland

9 Feb 6, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Tragedy hit again

I came home to find my 275 gal tote was almost empty .  The sump pump in my return tank stopped working causing the water to overflow .…

Started by Raymond Nunez

17 Feb 5, 2012
Reply by joe

Thermostat: Electrical Engineering Question

Since the 500W aquarium heating couldn't get my 100 gal fish tank (+50 gal sump,  50 flood & drain and 16 ft NFT) higher than about 71F…

Started by Bill Moore

16 Feb 1, 2012
Reply by Eoin Ross

plumbing

I have cut 3 IBC tanks in half to make six gravel beds and would like to plumb them into my existing system. I will be using an indexing va…

Started by Moses Greengrass

1 Jan 25, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Connecting 2 IBC totes

I just purchased 2 IBC totes that I want to put in my basment and use as fish tanks. Can anyone tell me if my idea of connecting the two ou…

Started by John Wroten

2 Jan 21, 2012
Reply by John Wroten

Guide to Building a Bell Siphon

This is a really good guide.  It isnt perfect, it's an alternative design, I used it on my aquaponic system and it hasnt stopped working si…

Started by FormulaX

6 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Bell Siphon

On the outer 3 inch strainer pipe how are you holding it in place? Mine just has hydroton around it and I guess that is not good enough, as…

Started by Mark

13 Jan 16, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service