Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plumbing / Pumps (181)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

looking for water shutoff sensor

I had a system in my own place, I wasn't concerned about flooding because it was an IBC system, if it leaked, the water would just end up b…

Started by David Ries

3 Dec 15, 2013
Reply by Glenn

how do i reduce water/pipe friction

my 1 inch pipe going from pump to fish tank needs to go up 4 feet then over six. So what i am wondering is whats the best way to do this on…

Started by orry william fisher

7 Dec 6, 2013
Reply by Anthony Payne

How to improve siphon operation

Hello, I have two growbeds.  I built two siphons for them.  I am using one pumb in a sumb tank with a splitter. I have a valve for each bed…

Started by Moe

4 Nov 18, 2013
Reply by Moe

Commercial Plumbing (connecting beds)

Hey all! I have been an aquapon for the past 2 years and wanting to design a commercial system. Right now I have a question in regards to p…

Started by Ryan D

1 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by R.K. Castillo

Non-continuous use pumps??

I'm using a Danner 1800 pump with an indexing valve to 2 grow beds. The pump is designed for continuous use so the impeller breaks with the…

Started by mark

0 Oct 8, 2013

Check valve with drain?

I'm looking for a valve that will allow water to flow in only one direction, like a check valve, but will when water flows back the other d…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

4 Sep 22, 2013
Reply by Steven Sumrow

how to use this forum

I have tried to discover how to post a question.....  ... searching for user instructions is a bit baffling.  I see "main room"  and "membe…

Started by Jerry Nissen

1 Aug 31, 2013
Reply by aubrey sloan

Plumbing through 17mil pond liner

Hi there, Has anyone been successful getting a secure seal plumbing through 17 mil pond liner? We bought a billboard tarp (unused) and dug…

Started by Zita Xavier

5 Aug 28, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

gravity feed to slow

i have a 500 gallon tank that is being gravity fed into my filtration buckets and then to my sump where half of that is sent to my grow bed…

Started by orry william fisher

7 Aug 25, 2013
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

Water Pumping / Air lift

Hi all, I am very new to Aquaponics and I am thinking of ways of keep the running costs down (electric), Can anyone advise on what height w…

Started by Duncan Cooley

8 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by Duncan Cooley

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service