Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plumbing / Pumps (181)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is a good width for the SLO?

Hello, so, in a CHOP Mark2 kind of system, for a 55gal drum barrel fish tank, what would you experienced people recommend? As far as I unde…

Started by José Méndez

3 May 1, 2015
Reply by Pieter Swanevelder

Single IBC tote system pumps and filter

I'm starting out small, with a single 30"x35"x47 FT and an 8"x 35"x47" GB. Hoping to build a system that can be built now and improved/ add…

Started by Michael Garver Jr.

0 Apr 20, 2015

Bell Siphon Question

I have had one of my bell siphon's working for about six months. The other day is began not breaking the siphon. It starts the siphon perfe…

Started by Byron Wooten

5 Apr 13, 2015
Reply by Byron Wooten

What uniseal size should I use

Hello, I am building system with 55 gallon drums, and instead of bell syphons, I would like to use U-Syphons.  Here is the question: I bou…

Started by José Méndez

4 Feb 16, 2015
Reply by José Méndez

Are You Using an Airlift Pump?

Aloha,      Are You Using an Airlift Pump?      Glenn Martinez of Olomana Gardens and I had several problems to solve down at America Samoa…

Started by Tetsuzan Benny Ron

7 Feb 8, 2015
Reply by Stuart Polkinghorne

Piping - to PVC or not to PVC? That is the question...

I use PVC, and I'm assuming that most of you do as well, but there are rumblings out there about it leaching carcinogenic nasties into the…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

39 Feb 1, 2015
Reply by Tim Radcliff

Ideas for additional filter/fry catchment system.

Hello. Watch the video and click on the image for a better understanding. I currently have about 25 Tilapia fingerlings, a few gold fish, a…

Started by FnY Farms

0 Jan 16, 2015

Danner 18 pump

I've gone through three impellers in less than a year at $40 each so that doesn't work for me.  One impeller failure I'll take the blame fo…

Started by George

0 Jan 4, 2015

Bulk Head Leaking

Hi everyone! I'm putting together a grow bed with a bell siphon in it. I am using 3/4" PVC piping, connected into a male adapter, connected…

Started by Courtney

5 Jan 4, 2015
Reply by Courtney

Is green PVC pipe safe for the fish?

I'm rebuilding my plumbing exactly to the specs in Sylvia Bernstein's book. My only problem is that the only 6" pvc pipe I can buy for the…

Started by Ryan Garlington

4 Dec 20, 2014
Reply by Jeff S

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service