Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plant Topics (424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Flowers

Anybody have any particular flowers that they have had luck with in their system? I would love to plant some perennials that I can move out…

Started by Brendan Van Epps

2 Mar 28, 2015
Reply by Alex Veidel

Dealing with Pests

Hey guys! I've been trying to do some research about how to deal with the most common pests in AP.  How do you deal with the following: ap…

Started by R.K. Castillo

6 Mar 25, 2015
Reply by Rohan Roy

Just finished cycling, plants have deficiency...not sure what.

I'm a complete novice to aquaponics but so excited about it all. I just finished cycling my first system (in my basement) and am ready to a…

Started by Nichelle Hubley

3 Mar 25, 2015
Reply by Alex Veidel

Beetroot and carrots pale ... what nutrient?

My beetroot and carrot roots lack colour when harvested. The carrots are pale orange, the beetroot also pale, with a small orange core. The…

Started by Stacey King

1 Mar 24, 2015
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

buying seeds.

I am seeing a lot of show and documentaries on the ill effects of gmo seeds. I would like to know how do you tell which seed producers are…

Started by Robert C. Wood

2 Mar 22, 2015
Reply by George

Dual Root Zone - Unique Application

I'm working on a project to grow in "nutrient rich" (not by aquaponic standards) but otherwise nontoxic river water.  I want to remove phos…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

0 Mar 19, 2015

Salty Kale

My AP is 6 months old now. Two out of three plants are bright green, but one has yellow tint in leaves. Problem is, they taste salty. We ar…

Started by Cheryl English

0 Mar 12, 2015

My first Day With Plants

How many are too many plants in a bed ? Is this too much for a 10 gallon with 12 gold fish?

Started by Zach

8 Mar 4, 2015
Reply by Zach

Nutrient deficency with Leaf Lettuce

I'm running into an unidentified problem with the growth of leaf lettuce in my 100 gallon aquaponic system.  The system operates with a 15…

Started by Carson Miller

14 Mar 4, 2015
Reply by Carson Miller

Tomato issues??

Hello everyone, brand now to the forum. Did not realize there was all this information and resources available.   I am including a few pi…

Started by John G Guidry

2 Feb 14, 2015
Reply by Stuart Polkinghorne

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service