Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plant Topics (424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Has anyone grown rice in their aquaponic system?

I'm doing an aquaponics project for one of my graduate classes and we were thinking of creating a mini rice-fish farm. There would be inden…

Started by Katie Conrad

15 Feb 20, 2011
Reply by Nate Storey

Transfer of plants from Growbed to Soil Garden?

HI, I was wondering if any one has transplanted plants from their Growbed to a normal Garden bed?  I was wondering if their would be an iss…

Started by Cher Kilgore

1 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Cabbage spacing in aquaponics.

I am in complete shock at how well the cabbage has come in in my aquaponics setup.    Now as I have over 40 plants I am wondering how close…

Started by halemart

10 Feb 1, 2011
Reply by halemart

In need of real Determinate seeds!!

Hi all! My determinate tomatoes decided to grow 4-5ft tall!! :/ this would of been ok if i was growing outside! Does anyone know where i ca…

Started by Brandon Lawes

4 Jan 28, 2011
Reply by Molly Stanek

Is Organic food worth the Cost?

Is organic food worth the cost? U.S. organic farming has grown wildly for the last two decades, but with food demand rising and cash-strapp…

Started by Sahib Punjabi

21 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by Sahib Punjabi

Easy indoor plants

Hi, I need to add acouple grow beds on my indoor system and I am looking for some easy vegetable or fruit plants. Something that I can ju…

Started by Daniel Driscoll

5 Dec 13, 2010
Reply by Daniel Driscoll

What to do with dud peat pellets from seed starting?

Wasn't sure where the best place for this would be but I've lately started a bunch of seeds but depending on the type, some just don't have…

Started by TCLynx

1 Nov 13, 2010
Reply by Paul Letby

Lettuce

I have some lettuce that I put on a floating device. The other plants in the grow beds are doing fine but the lettuce is not. Do I need to…

Started by Michael sanders

11 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by Sahib Punjabi

House Plants for an aquaponics system

I saw a question about this on here awhile back, and can't find it again to answer, so I though I would start a forum about my experience s…

Started by Ricky Flickenger

2 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Ricky Flickenger

Plant questions

I added plants to my system approximately 10 days ago.  Basil, chives, thyme, oregano and strawberries.  I have everything in net pots with…

Started by k edmonds

10 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service