Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plant Topics (424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

It's a sad day for the strawberries

My strawberry plant looks really sad today. I came home from work and all the baby leaves were wilted. They looked pretty perky yesterday.…

Started by Aaron

4 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Strawberries

I'm no where near this point yet so this is purely out of curiosity.   I have seen quite a few pictures and heard of folks being very succe…

Started by Pat Quigley

2 Apr 7, 2011
Reply by Rob Torcellini

Springtime Planting.. what to plant?

With strawberries, broccoli and cabbage about over, I'm looking at the next crop..   Any thoughts on these for the summer season: carrots…

Started by Ron Thompson

3 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Grow bed size?

What is the grow bed size for 200 gallon grow bed?  Is there a relationship or ratio so that 400 gal grow bed is twice as big?

Started by Peter Blackman

8 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Azolla

Found this article pretty interesting. Another alternative to duckweed as animal feed.   http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/GreenM

Started by Chi Ma

5 Mar 15, 2011
Reply by Chi Ma

Lots of Bees on my growbed

Hello all!!!   I am fairly new to the AP world, but I'm learning quickly!  I am having a problem with bees walking around my growbed medium…

Started by Paige Powell

6 Mar 9, 2011
Reply by Daniel E Murphy

Are there fish foods (rather than adding chelated iron) that can add needed iron?

My houseplant system continues to do very well, but I have noticed the leaves of the ficus look like they may be starting to suffer from an…

Started by Ricky Flickenger

18 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

How often should I have the pumps turned on?

I think I will be doing some tests this week to determine how few times a day I can go running the pumps in my system.   Since I have no fi…

Started by halemart

3 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Root crops in Aquaponics

My question is whether or not it is safe to eat root crops grown in aquaponics.  After all they are submerged in fish waste.  I have had so…

Started by AJ Grottke

3 Feb 28, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Seed Starting

This morning I was reading some replies to a different topic (on Media) that started me thinking about seed starting...plus it is the seed…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

37 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by Marina Galvan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service