Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Plant Topics (424)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Growing tubers

Can we grow tubers in gravel or clay pebbles? Isn't the medium too hard for them to grow?

Started by Siddharth Gurjar

0 Dec 28, 2013

Help! little white bugs/flies

I've got these little white flies/bugs on my plants. How do I safely get rid of them in an aquaponics garden?   So far I've tried spraying…

Started by James Stratton

6 Dec 23, 2013
Reply by James Stratton

Fungus Gnats

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.    I am constantly loosing the battle against fungus gnats. It's not the adults that are the pr…

Started by Cher Kilgore

29 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by TCLynx

Magnesium Deficiency

What do you prefer to use to supplement magnesium in your ap system? Just looking around for a quick fix until I can get something more lon…

Started by Alex Veidel

19 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by Rob Nash

How to start plants and when to place them in media

Hello, I am a newbie here so please forgive me if these questions have been asked before. I was wondering about two questions. First, what…

Started by Jared

6 Dec 20, 2013
Reply by Averan

What are these?!

I asked a couple posts ago about this same problem.  These little suckers killed all the plants in one of my beds and they are making their…

Started by R.K. Castillo

12 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Fungus Amongus?

This looks to be some type of fungus. I would like some input on what it might be and how I might erradicate it. Thanks in adavance.

Started by Dan Bartlett

8 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by FriendlyAquaponics

Plants Yellowing and either dropping bottom leaves or in the case of new seedlings dying after a good start

Cabbage and broccoli plants that were transplanted were doing pretty good for a month or so have been dropping their lower leaves after  ye…

Started by Earl Phillips

1 Dec 12, 2013
Reply by Steve R

Rust fungus on green beans and possibly lettuce

I am having problems with rust on my green beans in my 600 gallon aquaponic system. Last year when I had a 150 gallon I did not have any of…

Started by Shelia Hoyt

7 Dec 9, 2013
Reply by FriendlyAquaponics

Should broadcast seedlings be covered with clear plastic?

I can't seem to find the answer to this in the previous posts. When broadcast seeding, in hydroton, do you need to cover the area with pla…

Started by David Mitchell

1 Nov 25, 2013
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service