Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Media Topics (147)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help!! Using an Indexing valve to increase growing area without adding a sump.

I have a few 300 gallon systems that are a bit too overstocked with fish so they are always on the borderline of being out of balance. I ha…

Started by Mathew Slattery

6 Jul 14, 2014
Reply by Jeremiah Robinson

Where can I fit a filter?

Hi there,   I've got an alternating timed flood-drain setup with an indexing valve, like the one shown here.  The return pipes aren't shown…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

6 Jul 7, 2014
Reply by George

Media

hi guys i am new to this,my set up is going to consisit of a 1000 gal pond,filtered in to my aquaponic bed,can i have 2 different types of…

Started by Anthony Davies

0 Jun 3, 2014

Siphon vs. Constant Flood vs. Timed Flood-Drain

I'm sure this brilliant BYAP thread has already done the rounds here, but the issue they tested for keeps popping up. In this 2010 trial fr…

0 May 30, 2014

Bio-Char or Char Coal as a 4" layer in Grow Bed

Hi, I am planning for a 1ft grow bed and to fill with rock gravels. In order to reduce weight, in the middle level, I propose to fill with…

Started by Balakrishnan

3 May 27, 2014
Reply by larry poe

How much Clay Ball is requried

Hi all, To fill a Grow Bed of the size say 2 x  1  x  1 ( 2 Cu. Ft) , how much (Kgs) Clay Ball I may require?  

Started by Balakrishnan

4 May 8, 2014
Reply by Scott Roberts

Media in DWC Bed

So I found a media in my area that's lightweight (but doesn't float), cheap, and Ph-neutral call rock bark.   I run my system all winter wi…

5 Apr 30, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Are my rocks killing my plants?

Hey everyone, I set up some pipes for a DWC mostly to grow lettuce and maybe some vining plants at some point. I started  two different ty…

Started by sticky

3 Mar 31, 2014
Reply by Jeff S

Adding Hydroton to top of another media

My GB is only half full (about 6") of growstones. The top layer is covered with what appears to be black algae or really dark green algae.…

Started by Jeff S

1 Mar 17, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

What media should i use?

I am looking at different types of media to use in a flood and drain system.  I know that gravel, shale, and many other types of rock.  I h…

Started by Jarrett Schalch

4 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by Derek Miner, EarthSpring BioChar

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service