Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Media Topics (147)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

rms in media bed?

has anyone used worms in there media bed ?

Started by mike french

11 Feb 29, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

2 liter bottles

I just started another grow bed using a series of 2 liter bottles,  Has anyone else here used this method and found any problems?  I will p…

Started by Brian Hillestad

13 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Joel G

Is zeolite useful as aquaponics media?

Someone has been trying to sell me zeolite for use in green roofs, and I was curious whether it might be useful in aquaponics. Here's a pdf…

Started by Louise

5 Feb 24, 2012
Reply by Louise

White crystals on media

This may sound strange but recently I have been noticing some white crystal looking substance growing on the very top surface of some of my…

Started by Justin

3 Feb 23, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

How to transplant from AP to ground/soil?

Like the noobie I am, I over planted my grow bed (or at least I think I did, heck if I know, I'm a noobie).  At any rate, I figured I'd tra…

Started by Gary Wong

3 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Beginner choosing media

Hi! I'm currently building my first aquaponic system, and will be pesting you with questions for a while. My grow bed will be approximatel…

Started by Louise

5 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by Scott Westhoff

Media

For those people setting up new systems, there are just a few things to keep in mind when choosing media. Primarily, you want media that wo…

Started by TCLynx

100 Feb 4, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Mixed Media

I was wondering if anyone had half filled their growbeds with something cheap like large granite chippings and then topped up the beds with…

Started by Aman Inavan

6 Feb 1, 2012
Reply by Jeff Cummings

What the cheapest and best media?

What's the cheapest and best media to use? I'm planning on having about 8 grow beds, 3'wide 1'deep and 4'wide. From previous year experime…

Started by Kou

7 Jan 28, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

How much hydroton for a single IBC?

I keep running my numbers and I know that they can't be right.  So I ask those of you with practical experience... How much hydroton did i…

Started by Edwin Mercado

10 Jan 24, 2012
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service