Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Media Topics (147)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Lava Rock

Hey guys and gals, Just wondering if this stuff will do the job...can you take a quick glance and let me know if this looks like the corre…

Started by nickt444

10 May 3, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Finally bought some media ...

Yesterday I ordered and picked up 5 bags of lava rock ...took them home ...washed the rocks well ...washed them in a clear bath until the w…

Started by Bob Vento

7 Apr 30, 2012
Reply by wes

Mixed Media

After a month of steady work, I'm getting close to buying my media. As mentioned before, I'm starting out with roughly a 500 gallon fish ta…

Started by John Wilson

2 Apr 23, 2012
Reply by John Wilson

OK Ya'll I need to make a media decision today ...

Morning aqua guys and gals,I sure could use a push or nudge to make a decision on what media to use in my grow bed. I know that hydroton is…

Started by Bob Vento

5 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by George

Media filter needed?

I just want to verify If I have the proper proportions for fish, and growbeds, are separate media filters necessary?

Started by Ryan Sala

3 Apr 19, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Tempered glass as media?

I have broken tempered glass from sheets of 3/8" thick glass. It doesnt have sharp edges or shards . Any thoughts on using it for grow medi…

Started by jim mckee

21 Apr 11, 2012
Reply by George

Hydroponic hydrotone

Just got rid of my hydroponic set up and finished putting together my aquaponics system... I was wondering if I could mix in my hydrotone f…

Started by Daniel Budfuloski

5 Apr 10, 2012
Reply by Mark Berger

Moving hydroton to new bed.

We are trying to move our hydroton from an old media bed to a new one.  We had a very large tomato plant in that bed and the media is "dirt…

Started by Britt Fullerton

5 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Britt Fullerton

Flood & Drain vs. DWC?

Have been reading posts from various folks here and a question comes to mind ... Flood & Drain vs DWC? Some folks are saying that green…

Started by Bob Vento

5 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Bill Moore

Moving Bed Biomedia

Has anyone used the following media, or done business with this company? If you have, what was your experience with the media and the compa…

Started by Conrad Chin-Yee

4 Mar 7, 2012
Reply by Burton

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service