Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Media Topics (147)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My Aquaponics System

Hi I started my aquaponics system today but have run into some problems.   1. My pump is pumping faster than draining. 2. My holes are too…

Started by Allen Jiang

1 Oct 26, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Lightweight Media?

I am interested in putting together an indoor fill and drain system in my apartment and am trying to figure out what the best lightweight m…

Started by Ellen Roelofs

16 Oct 7, 2011
Reply by Averan

Sowing Direct: Hydroton

Hello everyone,   I'm wondering how you all sow directly into hydroton. I'm about to transplant some cucumber and peppers this afternoon, a…

Started by Pawnic

3 Sep 5, 2011
Reply by matthew ferrell

Glass marbles?

Any reason that a layer of glass marbles wouldnt work in the top of a grow bed?

Started by Robert McClellan

8 Jun 26, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Just want to say thanks

Thanks Rob Bigelow Brook Farms for picking me as the winner of the Expanded Shale media giveaway on youtube.  Can't wait to get it and make…

Started by Brent

0 May 11, 2011

Cleaning Media Post-Harvest

My question is geared towards people who use reusable media in net pots either in NFT or DWC.  I was wondering what other people do with th…

Started by AJ Grottke

7 May 3, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Expanded Shale Specs, Please!

I've just spent a frustrating hour of Google searches attempting, in vain, to find a summary of the average specifications for Expanded Sha…

Started by Jeremy McLeod

10 May 2, 2011
Reply by Rob Torcellini

A combination media for dealing with rainwater alkalinity problems

Having been experimenting with rain water as the dominant water source in my AP unit has highlighted the need for improved management of th…

Started by Kobus Jooste

10 Apr 17, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Using Pumice

halloGlad to join this forum. Can anyone explain the use of pumice for  grow beds media. Because right now I use it on the advice of some…

Started by miko

21 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Turface Pro League

I've been using Turface Pro League for quite a while as an aquarium substrate. You guys may find it useful for wicking beds. It's pretty ch…

Started by Chi Ma

5 Jan 3, 2011
Reply by Chi Ma

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service