Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Media Topics (147)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Used Hydroton clay pellets

I have an opportunity to purchase about 1200 pounds of previously used clay pellets from an aquaponics system that was shut down permanentl…

Started by Dan Dunn

7 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

How to ph down a wicking bed?

Just completed two, 4 foot by 8 foot wicking beds. Plan is grow blueberries, strawberries and other acidic loving plants one of the wicking…

Started by Emmett Butler

2 Mar 6, 2014
Reply by Emmett Butler

Are red lava rocks stained, or are they naturally red?

Quick question as I set up my first small system. I am planning to use mostly hydroton for media, but also a 25% bottom layer of lava rocks…

Started by David Mitchell

4 Feb 28, 2014
Reply by Layne allen

ISO-low cost media for vertical towers

I am surprised to find no references in any of the forums about ziptowers. I want to do vertical towers but can't afford $80 per tower. Wha…

Started by Tom Gibson

20 Feb 22, 2014
Reply by Jeff S

What kind of gravel is this?

I am curious as to wether this will work in a drain and fill system. It passed the vinegar test, I have ordered a ph testing kit to see if…

Started by Gillian Burrus

8 Oct 12, 2013
Reply by Glenn

"Egg Rock", "Colorado River Rock", and "Marble Rock" useability

I went to a local water garden place to get expanded shale, but due to the tiny size of it (the big pieces were about 1/4"), I couldn't use…

Started by Kerry McMahon

14 Oct 8, 2013
Reply by Randall Wimbish

media

Would using pea gravel, peat moss, and perlite be ok for my small indoor aquaponics system. I am using. the flood and drain method.

Started by brad

4 Sep 26, 2013
Reply by Kerry McMahon

Media

Has anyone used the media for the zip towers in a horizontal system?  It would seem a good idea seeing the media should not change the PH i…

Started by Craig Shevlin

0 Sep 19, 2013

Medium for Strawberry Towers

I am making a set of Strawberry towers for my school's aquaponics system and I was wondering if using a well graded medium was preferable t…

Started by john dawyot

2 Sep 17, 2013
Reply by john dawyot

Clay pebbles are moving, harmfull?

Hi! I've just started my first aquaponics system, feels great! I have a fish tank underneath a media bed filled with clay pebbles and I'm p…

Started by Niklas Hjelm

4 Sep 8, 2013
Reply by Niklas Hjelm

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service