Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Media Topics (147)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"Soil blocks"

In lieu of rockwool, I was considering using worm castings as starter blocks to insert into a raft system. Do I risk introducing disease in…

Started by Brian Hillestad

5 Jan 22, 2012
Reply by Sahib Punjabi

nut husks for media!

Anyone ever heard of using the husks off nuts for media? I have two huge hickory trees on my property.

Started by Mike Vann

5 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by Mike Vann

White residue... what is it?

I have noticed this white residue on some of my expanded clay rocks and I am wondering if anyone knows what it is... wasn't there before I…

Started by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

6 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

A New Media Approach...

After doing some research and while planning my aquaponic system, I saw that many people mix lava rock into the bottom of their media layer…

Started by FormulaX

2 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by FormulaX

Hydroton Dust

Hello, I'm building a Flood and Drain system, 35 Gallon, 1:1 grow to aquarium ratio.  I purchased Hydroton as the medium, and did my best t…

Started by Brandon Becker

4 Jan 4, 2012
Reply by Japan Aquaponics - アクアポニックス 日本

Does Hydroton float?

I know it's suppose to be lightweight and all but is it suppose to float? I used a 100 gallon stock tank and put a few inches of river rock…

Started by George Hall

6 Dec 25, 2011
Reply by Jon Parr

Expanded shale grow beds

Hello all.  I have opened this forum to learn about the long term use of Expanded Shale.  I invited everyone to add to this "bed" of knowle…

Started by David W. Russell

12 Dec 24, 2011
Reply by George

Stalite Photos

I'm putting together two 8x4x12" beds (mostly as a final filter) and decided to try Stalite. Just picked up the first load today and though…

Started by David Rairigh

25 Dec 20, 2011
Reply by David W. Russell

My Aquaponics System

Hi just went to bunning to get river rock. Already washed it but not enough as I discovered when I poured it into my grow bed. It's all mud…

Started by Allen Jiang

7 Oct 28, 2011
Reply by Allen Jiang

Media

Where can you get hydroton in Australia?

Started by Allen Jiang

1 Oct 27, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service