Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Media Topics (147)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Biochar as a Aquaponic Substrate

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the world of aquaponics and have been reading up on it for the past couple of days trying to finds ways to make…

Started by Raylard

15 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Jim Hall

"Crusher Run" as a medium

In acquiring the components for my first system (3 Tote) I have jumped hurdle after hurdle. Now comes media... A landscaping company down…

Started by Scott W F

14 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Inert Media VS. PH Dropping Later

Like everyone, I'm having trouble finding media that is inert. I brought home 2 kinds of river rock and 1 kind of lava rock (red) and was h…

Started by Bradly

4 Jun 20, 2012
Reply by Bradly

Ideal size for lava rock as grow media

So I am setting up my first aquaponics system. I decided to use lava rock for the media. I got several bags for my local hardware store got…

Started by William Crain Jr.

15 Jun 16, 2012
Reply by William Crain Jr.

Floating hydroton in the tank

Some of my floating hydroton is making it into the tank through the Afnan siphon. I scoop it up when i see it but I'm wondering if its a pr…

Started by mario cole

5 Jun 14, 2012
Reply by Keith Rowan

how large can a media bed be? different drain tech?

i would like to make a 4'x20' media bed with a bell siphon. i was reading around and some forums said that the bell siphon might stop befor…

Started by Trevor Johnson

2 Jun 3, 2012
Reply by Chris Smith

coco chips

Hello Aquaponicer Finally i have my 20x5 meter house.I have in it 2 growbeds 4x2 meter. Each contains 150 kg of ligthstones 200 liter of ch…

Started by alfred leslie goeltinger

8 May 15, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Need Help picking rocks/gravel for my grow bed(pics)

I got my grow bed filled half with Hydroton.  I need another media that isn't as expensive.  I have plenty of rock options at my local mark…

Started by nickt444

6 May 12, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Why is Hydroton so expensive and what else will work for cheap?

I stopped by a place today that sold Hydroton in 50 liter bags. Seem I will need 4-5 bags at $40plus each. That's about $200 bucks plus tax…

Started by Bob Vento

33 May 6, 2012
Reply by Tom Barnhardt

I've had it with rinsing and lifting rocks...

After lifting and moving ... as well as rinsing and rinsing 9 bags of lava rock for a base layer and 10 bags of Stalite for the top grow la…

Started by Bob Vento

2 May 3, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service