Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Lighting (46)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What forms of lighting give you the best bang for your buck?

In the experience of the forum, what is the best (most effective and most efficient) way to light a system? I'm a teacher and permaculture…

Started by Dustin Bajer

3 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Jon Paul

Has anyone tried using Salt Water Aquarium LED Lights?

It seems like the LED fixtures are cheaper for Reef Aquariums than grow lights. I don't know if that is because of the application or quali…

Started by Jacob Masteller

1 Jul 23, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

New type of very efficient LED lights

I saw this article recently and thought that it could be an interesting development for growers.  These are LED replacements for traditiona…

Started by Japan Aquaponics - アクアポニックス 日本

7 Apr 18, 2013
Reply by Dan McGuire

Need Help Picking HID System

Hi everyone!  I'm in the process of mentally setting up my first aquaponics system.  My husband finally let me have a goldfish tank if I pu…

Started by Heather N

44 Mar 3, 2013
Reply by Jim Fisk

Indoor Lights

Hi All,   I just bought a new CFL 200 WATTS light for my aquaponics. The growbed is 2.5' x 3' and just wanted to get feedback on how high t…

Started by MoeCanada

16 Dec 30, 2012
Reply by John Cubit

Nutrition in plants grown under lights vs sunlight

I've got a friend who has a growing business making blended green drinks and selling them to health food junkies, hippies, people on cleans…

Started by James Keller

22 Nov 21, 2012
Reply by Jon Parr

Artificial Lighting

Hi everyone. I am working on setting up a completely indoor, artificially lit aquaponics facility. Can I get some opinions on what lighting…

Started by Julie kirkwood

13 Oct 22, 2012
Reply by Jon Parr

400W HTGSupply grow light kit

Hello, I was hoping to get some feedback from the group about a possible light kit before I actually pull the trigger and get it. I am curr…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

7 Oct 13, 2012
Reply by Roger

LED lighting

I was wondering if anyone has experience with LED lights? They are supposed to be very efficient. I am planning on using them to extend day…

Started by Rick Stillwagon

19 Aug 28, 2012
Reply by Lloyd Booth

Basement - no sunlight.

Hi Everyone, I wanted to check with those who have experience. I am putting together a 3 tote system in my basement with expansion in mind…

Started by Scott W F

18 Jun 29, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service