Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Food Safety Issues (45)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Old Plastic Dishwasher Housing/is it safe to use in Aquaponic System?

I took out my old dishwasher today and wonder how much of I can re-use? The plastic tub looks like a smaller version of what I would end up…

Started by Larry Dale Smith

1 Feb 12, 2013
Reply by Larry Dale Smith

Pesticide Precautions

For those of you that know me, my goal with aquaponics as of right now is to learn by experience (my own personal system) in hopes that in…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Dec 14, 2012
Reply by Alex Veidel

Is Uncle Jim's Worm Farm a good Source for E-Coli Free Worms?

I just received a batch of worms from Uncle Jim's Worm Farm.  Can anyone vouch for them in regards to being free from E-Coli.  I've read a…

Started by bcp

6 Nov 16, 2012
Reply by bcp

Fish n' e coli

I have been disecting Tanya sawyers amazing discussion on AP on a survival podcast (featured on this site). She mentioned that e coli aren'…

Started by Aaron

22 Oct 17, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

GMO's

No surprises here.  Eventually the GMO corn probably will have no effect against insects.  article

Started by Rob Torcellini

14 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Kathryn Cope

Is Gorilla glue food safe?

I recently built a replica of Bob Campbell's Vertical Sausage, and I used Gorilla glue to adhere the fabric. I posted a video here in the f…

Started by JRComito

0 Oct 6, 2012

IBC question

I've been offered a great deal on 3 IBC totes.  All three for $100. When asked what was shipped in them the seller told me "the soap they u…

Started by Bobby McGovern

19 Oct 4, 2012
Reply by John Cubit

Food Safety 101

Coming to consensus seems to be the route that this site is taking, and I think democratization of the topic in terms of statements and cov…

Started by Dan Brown

14 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by Chris Downs

Painting a galvanized fish tank.

I'm told leaching zinc from my galvanized stock tank fish tank will not be good for the fish.  So, I'm going to either paint the inside of…

Started by Hal (von) Luebbert

2 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by Vlad Jovanovic

FDA Fish and Fishery Products Hazards and Controls Guidance Fourth Edition November 2011

http://www.fda.gov/food/guidancecomplianceregulatoryinformation/guidancedocuments/seafood/fishandfisheriesproductshazardsandcontrolsguide/d

Started by Craig Mullins

0 Sep 19, 2012

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service