Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Food Safety Issues (45)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Incorporating HAACP practices into a commercial business model

There is much discussion about HAACP practices and how they might be incorporated into aquaponic commercial operations.  While meat HACCP s…

Started by Gina Cavaliero

15 Sep 11, 2012
Reply by Craig Mullins

What studies should we do first?

With all the commentary lately about food safety and such with aquaponics, Perhaps we need a thread that will let us work out our prioritie…

Started by TCLynx

27 Sep 5, 2012
Reply by Food Safety Guy

Polyvinyl chloride vs Polyethylene - Food Safety

I am just piecing out my system and by chance I wondered if PVC is food safe. Here is the information I found that will influence my choice…

Started by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

17 Aug 14, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Question for you all...I hope I didn't mess up.

So I finally got a chance to get to a hydroponics shop and buy maxicrop. I add a about a cup maybe more, first the water is a cloudy light…

Started by Robby Jacobson

2 Jul 25, 2012
Reply by Robby Jacobson

My greatest concern is FISH TANK MATERIAL. Is there a place where I can quickly see the pros and cons of different materials?

I know that several materials can leach plastics or other undesirables into the water.  What material is the most non-reactive, durable, an…

Started by Brandon Lee

9 May 29, 2012
Reply by Allisyn Wood

Is it legal to have an aquaponics system at a resturant?

I am wondering if anyone has looked into the legal ramifications of opperating a system at a resturans who used both produce and fish on si…

Started by John Gelineau

22 May 19, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Another way to kill the small farmer

--> Link to article

Started by Rob Torcellini

5 May 15, 2012
Reply by Rob Torcellini

Aquaponics, worms and E. coli

I have been made aware of a section in the latest newsletter of an aquaponics trainer making some rather interesting statements around the…

Started by Kobus Jooste

134 May 7, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Disease

HelloWell am just new to aquaponic(have yet to start) So am just trying to get as much information as possible to be versatile with the sub…

Started by Buton

2 Apr 17, 2012
Reply by Buton

Pesticide use in aquaponics

I have read many times that pesticides cannot be used on the plant component of an aquaponics system because you'll end up with the pestici…

Started by CliveP

7 Apr 5, 2012
Reply by CliveP

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service