Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Koi/Goldfish Fingerlings/Fry in Wa State

Hey All, I am running a demonstration system at the Evergreen State College in Olympia, Wa. We are currently at the point where all the har…

Started by Joseph Michael Martino

6 Mar 24, 2015
Reply by Joseph Michael Martino

quality of fish feed

Started by Zach

1 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by Zach

Fish Stocking/Introduction

Hey all, Just looking for some good resources on fish introduction, fish care, and figuring stocking density. I have a few resources but I'…

Started by Joseph Michael Martino

0 Mar 16, 2015

ratio between number of fish and food ratio in a start up aquaponics.

Hello, My name is Gabriela, this is my first post. I am designing a commercial scale aquaponic system in Argentina. I know that the fish fe…

Started by Gabriela Lagrange

12 Mar 11, 2015
Reply by Gabriela Lagrange

Fish Disease - Streptococcosis?

Background:I've got a small aquaponics setup with a 150 gallon fish tank and about 500 gallons of floating raft space.  I got my tilapia a…

Started by Christian James

4 Feb 25, 2015
Reply by Nathan

Fish Stocking

Hello! Looking for a little help. I have been experiencing some issues with my system. Some are bone-headed mistakes and others remain a m…

Started by Brendan Van Epps

9 Feb 24, 2015
Reply by Alex Veidel

In a Greenhouse, do I still need to heat the water for the fish?

I live in Canada, Southern Ontario and yes it is very cold this year around minus 20 C as a constant. I have a greenhouse that sits at 60 F…

Started by Zach

17 Feb 18, 2015
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Tilapia Eye Problem

I bought a male O. Hornorum a week ago.  He arrived looking very healthy and stayed that way for about three days.  On the fourth day I not…

Started by Nathan

0 Feb 18, 2015

Barramundi Fingerlings in US?

Is there anywhere that sells barramundi fingerlings in the US? I have a specific client that would like to stock their tank with Barramundi…

Started by Mathew Slattery

3 Feb 18, 2015
Reply by Worasit Prommee

Sexing Tilapia

I need to be able to tell the sex between these tilapias. How do you tell? They look nothing like the pictures I've found online. Help?

Started by someguy

12 Feb 12, 2015
Reply by Stuart Polkinghorne

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service