Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where do I buy tilapia food from?

Hello everyone, I lost my supplier of fish feed. Can someone tell me how I can get fish food for tilapia? Hopefully I can order it online a…

Started by Moe

8 Jan 17, 2016
Reply by David Gallentine

Perhaps a mini tank of daphnia (water fleas) might help your system? Filtering with fish snack bonus!

I don't do aquaponics but I do have a small fishpond with goldfish.  And up to this summer,  I could never see the darn things because the…

Started by Brian White

0 Jan 11, 2016

Pangasius Catfish

After many hours of research I have decied that pangasius Hypophthalmus the irredescent shark is probably the fish I ate and prefer to til…

Started by John Jay

20 Nov 25, 2015
Reply by David

Fish dying daily help!

I've had my system for about 6 months and everything was going good. Suddenly a couple of weeks ago I had a few dead fish, and now I'm gett…

Started by Chris Akers

8 Nov 13, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

Tilapia harvesting

I have just finished my first cycle of growing tilapia. My tank is 250 gallons. The system was set up a year ago with 50 fingerlings consis…

Started by Jonathan Paschal

1 Nov 11, 2015
Reply by George

Blue Tilapia Feeding & Behavior Help!

Hey all!     I have questions in regard to blue tilapia feeding and behaviors. I am a graduate student conducting thesis research with aqua…

Started by Ryan D

11 Oct 14, 2015
Reply by Daniel Faubert

Kelp fertilizer

Hi all, I set up a 70 gal system less than 8 months ago and have 7 tilapia.  One of them is almost "ready for lunch".  So far we've harvest…

Started by BK

17 Oct 12, 2015
Reply by BK

Catching - Harvesting tilapia

Can you provide some suggestions to make it easy to harvest my tilapia.  There probably 50+ fish of various size (and age)  in a wood frame…

Started by Frank Scanlan

4 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

Shrimp as live food?

I'm more of a lurker and read up on everything since it will be a while before I start a system of my own. When I was browsing over a few f…

Started by KrummyCookie

1 Sep 26, 2015
Reply by Kellrae

Concerned about growing tilapia in San Diego

I'm new to  aquaponics and I am just starting to design a system at our new residence in San Diego. From all my research it seems like tila…

Started by Chet Braun

6 Sep 22, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service