Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Automatic Duckweed Feeder

OK, I love this idea but I wanted to see what the rest of you thought   Click here to read this guy's post about his design for an automate…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

11 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by BullwinkleII

Breeding Tilapias

This afternoon when i got home from work, a friend of mine gave me two large male Tilapia.  They are about 3/4 Lbs each and one of them is…

Started by Tropical Aquaponics

9 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by TCLynx

Commercial Fish Farming - is it safe to eat?

What are your thoughts?I am very scared to eat farm raised Salmon? Why? Just read this article...

Started by Sahib Punjabi

4 Dec 4, 2010
Reply by TCLynx

E-mail from the California DFG

>>> chi ma <frigginchi@yahoo.com> 11/18/10 5:20 PM >>> Hello! I'd like to raise fish for personal use and consumpt…

Started by Chi Ma

0 Nov 19, 2010

dissloved O2 content

Tilapia, tilapia, tilapia.........Shesh! Hello everyone.... What is the dissolved O2 content needed for sunperch....like bluegill.......Cen…

Started by Darryl Hinson

8 Nov 1, 2010
Reply by TCLynx

Any reason not to put a pleco in 55 gallon (208 l) tank with tilapia?

I need a nitrogen addition to this system as an adjustment.  The algae eater has outgrown the tank and I'm intent on switching from the 29…

Started by Dan Brown

2 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by Sylvia Bernstein

Aggressive tilapia

I think all this started with my all-male tilapia having babies this week, but I'm not sure.  I have 4 fish in a 60 gallon tank - 2 medium…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

12 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by Earl ward

Has anyone raised Pacu in their system?

Hi,  I am new to the forum and still doing research. My wife and I haven't built our system yet but are planning to start soon. My question…

Started by Marion Latiolais

6 Oct 24, 2010
Reply by TCLynx

All "Male" Tilapias ...Is that your aim?

Are you seeking to breed mostly male Tilapia? Are you aware what is added to the feed fed to Tilapia fry to change the sex? Have you hea…

Started by Sahib Punjabi

1 Oct 14, 2010
Reply by Sahib Punjabi

21 INCH DEPTH VS 24 INCH DEPTH

I chekced with my local Ace Hardware store to see if they can get stock tanks and the answer is yes.  There are a couple of choices and Rub…

Started by Gus Cabrera

4 Sep 29, 2010
Reply by Gus Cabrera

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service