Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

MAINTAINING CLIMAGE CONTROL FOR FISH TANK

I am thinking about making a thermal wrap for my fish tank for freezing. My tank is 1/4 in HDPE and is 300 gallons. It is on my patio now a…

Started by Gene Carr

9 Mar 10, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

More Than 1 Type Of Fish?

I'm thinking of mixing my fish. Catfish, Large Mouth Bass, Bluegill, and Minnows. Anyone see a problem?

Started by Chi Ma

19 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Chi Ma

Metal stock tank?

I have read somewhere (and don't remember where) that it isn't good to keep fish in a metal container. Is this true in whole or in part? (c…

Started by Adam Shivers

25 Feb 20, 2011
Reply by Adam Shivers

Adding Turtles...

So I am just starting off and my tank is ready to be cycled, I heard that it is a quick and easy process with turtles, and quite honestly I…

Started by LogicalHydro

5 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by LogicalHydro

Cray fish and Florida

Which sp of cray are good for the main sp in AP? is this even a good idea? Yabbies or small lobster? I would like to focus on cray and cla…

Started by Aaron

14 Feb 7, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Apple (Mystery) Snails

I was wondering if anyone is growing apple snails or any other kind of snails in their aquaponics system. According to this website, they g…

Started by Katie Conrad

2 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by Katie Conrad

Another alternative to raising fish.

The marbled cray. I have a zillion cajillion of these guys. I use them for feeders. Never ate any but I don't see why you couldn't. They'll…

Started by Chi Ma

3 Jan 12, 2011
Reply by Chi Ma

Design of a Fish Feeder

I came across a Blog which had a DIY fish feeder. I have for some time been looking for a simple idea to copy/modify for my own use.  This…

Started by Alan

8 Dec 28, 2010
Reply by TCLynx

NFT flow rate and Dept

Since I'm new with NFT , could you tell me what is the ideal flow rate and the dept of water in the troughs or pipes of NFT system? If poss…

Started by Chandara Khan

3 Dec 28, 2010
Reply by TCLynx

fiberglass fish tank/ cement fish tank

What the difference between fiberglass fish tank and cement  fish tank ?In other word will the cement affect the level of the PH in the tan…

Started by Chamsiddine Afraitane

3 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service