Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fish for small system

So I am just finishing up a fishless cycle for my first system.  It's a 10 gallon fish tank and the design is based on the following: http:…

Started by Alex

3 Jan 3, 2017
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

How big do tilapia need to be before they'll eat Black soldier fly larvae?

I have relaunched my aquaponics installation and my fish are now about 3 inches or so long. How big do they need to be to eat the larvae? I…

Started by Michael Welber

3 Nov 12, 2016
Reply by Michael Welber

Channel Catfish Fingerlings

Does anybody know of some good places to get Catfish fingerlings either through mail or somewhere in the Chicago-land area for pickup? (al…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Sep 8, 2016
Reply by Alex Veidel

Is my math correct?

Trying to figure out the math for a Tilapia grow out. I used the information here: https://lakewaytilapia.com/Tilapia-Feeding-Guide.php and…

Started by Eric Burch

2 Aug 23, 2016
Reply by Eric Burch

*Channel Catfish Fingerlings for Sale*

*Just wanted to throw this out there! Sale of Channel Catfish for this month is August 20th. Currently I have 2"-8" channel catfish for sa…

Started by Ryan Hansen

0 Aug 9, 2016

Fresh Water Prawns

Hello Everyone. I have aquaponics systems that I've built in Palm Harbor, Florida. My systems are pellet media type growbeds that pour out…

Started by Daniel Jerome

0 Jul 17, 2016

Fresh Water Prawns

Hello Everyone. I have aquaponics systems that I've built in Palm Harbor, Florida. My systems are pellet media type growbeds that pour out…

Started by Daniel Jerome

0 Jul 17, 2016

Remind me again "Why Fish"????

Hello Aquaponic World, I hope someone might take a moment and remind me why I'm doing this.... I have now had plants growing since last Oc…

Started by StevedNETN

30 Jul 7, 2016
Reply by StevedNETN

Dying Goldfish

Hi there, Sorry, I'm really new to aquaponics. I am running an aquaponics system with the fish in a cut open IBC bin with a grow bed above…

Started by Pall Catt

3 Jul 6, 2016
Reply by Pieter Swanevelder

Fish CPR

Just thought I'd share this experience.  I had my biggest male tilapia jump out of the tank yesterday and when I found him his skin was dry…

Started by Larry Miller

1 Jun 20, 2016
Reply by Eddie Beuerlein

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service