Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Multiple Fish Species in the FT

Does anyone or has anyone tried to raise multiple fish species in their FT? What would be the cons for doing this? Any advice/direction on…

Started by Shad Swanson

0 Sep 2, 2018

Shrimp in aquaponics

I am planning on adding shrimp to my 5 gallon system for my next go around with fish. I am guessing that the stock density is the same with…

Started by Anthony Acchione

9 Aug 7, 2018
Reply by Dale Parker

Tilapia VS Catfish

I was just reading in Sylvias book that Catfish seem to have a little better tolerance to water temperature extremes in cold weather. (our…

Started by Bradly

15 Jul 27, 2018
Reply by Dale Parker

Organic (or near organic) fish

I am totally new to this, but have been wanting to try it for a long time.   I'm recently retired, and establishing a simple home system is…

Started by Carl Story

0 May 31, 2018

Underwater / Oxygenating Plants

Can you put plants that grow under water into the system to oxygenate water as well as give smaller fish such as mosquito fish an area to l…

Started by Problematic

4 Jul 9, 2017
Reply by Yaacov Levi

automatic fish feeders

Looking for any ideas on automatic fish feeders and I'd rather build that by that way if it breaks I can fix myself.

Started by steven w clark

0 Jun 6, 2017

HELP....Fish keep dying!!!

We have tried everything....had the water tested and it came back fine just a little high in sodium....added some salt to the system, clean…

Started by Christine

10 May 29, 2017
Reply by Yaacov Levi

Orthodon microlepidotus Sacramento Blackfish

Hello All ! I am in Northern California and am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Sacramento Blackfish in an AP system? Thanks!

Started by Matt Sandoval

13 May 25, 2017
Reply by Jim Smoot

Fish Identification

It's hard to get a good photo due to glare I'm afraid. I bought them as Mozambique tilapia but the more I look the more confused I get.…

Started by Devoid

9 Jan 10, 2017
Reply by Devoid

Tilapia question

We have a female that is in a tan by herself...she appears to have a clutch of eggs in her mouth. Will a female have her eggs and tumble th…

Started by Jessica

0 Jan 7, 2017

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service