Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Fish Topics (575)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mixing Catfish and Tilapia

I am new to aquaponics but I am very excited about it. I am still in the planning stages of my system so I am exploring all the best ideas…

Started by Hollis Armstrong

0 Feb 12, 2015

Tilapia Can't close Mouth

Do Tilapia often get the condition shown by the top fish below. These Tilapia are about 7-8 inches long. the upper one can no longer close…

Started by Luther Smith

5 Feb 10, 2015
Reply by Pam DeLong

Tilapia or Trout, Heated garage or not.

Hello Everyone, I live in Virginia and the winter get pretty cool and the summers get pretty warm. During the spring and fall if you dont l…

Started by FnY Farms

9 Feb 1, 2015
Reply by Johann

Recommendation for Fish

I'm planning my system now and I'm trying to pick fish.  I'm planning on a 250 gal drain and flood system, but I'm not stuck on that.  My p…

Started by Justin Nutt

2 Jan 29, 2015
Reply by George

ISO Channel Catfish

Does anyone know of a website where I can purchase channel catfish through the mail?  Looking for a delivery to CT. Thanks!Dave

Started by David Lindstrom

0 Jan 29, 2015

Fish Bedding

Fish%20Bed.jpg The larger talipia has taken all the rocks from one end of the 50 gal aquarium and spit them into a pile. Is this to create…

Started by Luke Smith

2 Jan 21, 2015
Reply by Luke Smith

Why do my fish taste bad?

I had my first harvest of fish last night (yea!), but I was not satisfied with the taste or the process. First, it was not easy to clean th…

Started by Hank Paloci

13 Jan 15, 2015
Reply by Keith Rowan

Caterpillar in my plants

Hi everyone! I need your help/advice as you can see in the pictures this small caterpillar destroying my plants. I started aquaponiocs in…

Started by Eddy Ruhle

2 Jan 7, 2015
Reply by Eddy Ruhle

Tilapia Not Eating

I moved 6 6"-8" Tilapia into a 45 gallon aquarium from my IBC to feed them more and grow them out but for some reason they aren't eating. T…

Started by Jeff S

6 Jan 2, 2015
Reply by Jeff S

fish food

Does any one grow there own fish food? Plants,...Black Soldier Flies,...etc.? I'm curious how it's working out? I'd like to be self suffici…

Started by Michael Osman

9 Dec 30, 2014
Reply by George

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service