Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Basic and Useful Info (1,484)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using ro water

Hey everyone, should I be using ro water in my aqua system? In Florida we have very hard water with lots of silt. I have been fighting a co…

Started by Aqua Dan

1 Dec 1, 2016
Reply by Michael Welber

How do I get rid of Root Rot-Pythium?

I think I may have root rot (pythium) in my system effecting most plants in the DWC. System is a combo of media bed and DWC and flood and d…

Started by Mark Raymo

6 Nov 28, 2016
Reply by Aqua Dan

Radial Flow Filter Problem

I have a 65 gallon filter tank that I recently switched from swirl to radial flow because I felt like the swirl wasn't catching enough of t…

Started by Jeff S

2 Nov 14, 2016
Reply by Jeff S

Pond in a green house

Hallo guys. New to the forum, but I´ve to try an idea. Being a Koi-ponder I would like to convert my greenhouse into an Aquaponic-system. T…

Started by Borje Eliasson

16 Nov 5, 2016
Reply by Jeff S

Suggestions About Where To Buy A 1000 Gallon Fish Tank?

Hello! I've been looking for a 1,000 gallon fish tank and haven't been able to find too many options. Does anyone have any suggestions? It…

Started by Darlene Cerullo

9 Nov 5, 2016
Reply by Darlene Cerullo

Mealy bugs

Has anyone encountered and successfully treated mealy bugs? I have a flood and drain/raft system and am very reluctant to use any sort of s…

Started by Patricia Wallschleager

0 Oct 12, 2016

Best varieties of lettuce?

What are the best varieties of lettuce for a raft bed this time of year? I'm about to finish a 288 sq. ft. raft and I want to plant the rig…

Started by Josiah Sherman

2 Oct 5, 2016
Reply by Josiah Sherman

System shut down for three months but wondering if I need to cycle it again

I'm restarting my aquaponics system (I live in the FL Keys) and wonder if I need to cycle it again. I added ammonia three times but no ammo…

Started by Michael Welber

10 Sep 27, 2016
Reply by Michael Welber

Worms

As I was starting my grow beds I added a few worms that I caught in the garden every time it rained, as every time it rained the worms woul…

Started by David Marland

25 Sep 23, 2016
Reply by Don Arnold

AQUAPONICS IN MISSISSIPPI

HI! I am currently looking for people with information, knowledge or interest in aquaponics in the state of Mississippi.  I am also looking…

Started by denverbunny

1 Sep 23, 2016
Reply by Don Arnold

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service