Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Basic and Useful Info (1,479)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Murray Hallam's Indy system

I was considering purchasing the plans of either the Indy 11.5 or the 23 from Practical Aquaponics but find it says the are out of stock. I…

Started by Jim Edmunds

0 Feb 19, 2017

Size of a fish tank

I am new to Aquaponics and am wondering what size of fish tank I need. I am starting with 96 sq ft, with two media beds for sure. The third…

Started by Jim Edmunds

1 Feb 15, 2017
Reply by Jeff S

Levels okay? PH. Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrates.....not sure

I just want to know if these levels are acceptable readings - I have 3 150 gallons tanks with about 60 tilapia. We naturally have high PH a…

Started by Christine

1 Feb 9, 2017
Reply by Randall Wimbish

Filtration

I'm planning on making my own aquaponics system can I use a corner filter it's going to be a 30ish gallon tank so I figured by or making a…

Started by Bryce

1 Jan 22, 2017
Reply by Randall Wimbish

new strawberry growth curling and burning

hey everyone, I am brand new to this forum and look forward to both learning and, perhaps, teaching. right now, I have a problem at hand th…

Started by Aqua Dan

9 Dec 5, 2016
Reply by Pieter Swanevelder

Using ro water

Hey everyone, should I be using ro water in my aqua system? In Florida we have very hard water with lots of silt. I have been fighting a co…

Started by Aqua Dan

1 Dec 1, 2016
Reply by Michael Welber

How do I get rid of Root Rot-Pythium?

I think I may have root rot (pythium) in my system effecting most plants in the DWC. System is a combo of media bed and DWC and flood and d…

Started by Mark Raymo

6 Nov 28, 2016
Reply by Aqua Dan

Radial Flow Filter Problem

I have a 65 gallon filter tank that I recently switched from swirl to radial flow because I felt like the swirl wasn't catching enough of t…

Started by Jeff S

2 Nov 14, 2016
Reply by Jeff S

Pond in a green house

Hallo guys. New to the forum, but I´ve to try an idea. Being a Koi-ponder I would like to convert my greenhouse into an Aquaponic-system. T…

Started by Borje Eliasson

16 Nov 5, 2016
Reply by Jeff S

Suggestions About Where To Buy A 1000 Gallon Fish Tank?

Hello! I've been looking for a 1,000 gallon fish tank and haven't been able to find too many options. Does anyone have any suggestions? It…

Started by Darlene Cerullo

9 Nov 5, 2016
Reply by Darlene Cerullo

RSS

© 2020   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service