Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Basic and Useful Info (1,484)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

High PH and Grow Media

I have read many forum threads about dealing with high ph and would like to get some opinions from  about what we should do.  We have a flo…

Started by Laurie Roberts

9 Mar 20, 2016
Reply by Laurie Roberts

Asking for Review of Aquaponics System Design

I've got a small aquaponics system that I'll looking to expand and redesign.  I used SketchUp to assist me with the new layout.  I've attac…

Started by Brady Lamprecht

4 Mar 16, 2016
Reply by David

New to Aquaponics - Looking for help to get started

Hi Jon. I have a 160 acre open land that I would love to start Aquaponics farming. I live in South Africa where poverty if rife and would l…

Started by Lucio Carrozzo

0 Mar 15, 2016

Hard Water - Avoid or OK?

We live in a rural area where the water is very hard.  Should we try to find a source for softer water or is hard water okay for our equipm…

Started by Ted Vail

1 Mar 2, 2016
Reply by Alex Veidel

Vinegar test

This has probably been talked about before. I have not searched too much in the archives. I bought a bag of river pebble at Menards. I scoo…

Started by Mike R.

1 Feb 28, 2016
Reply by Robert C. Wood

Aquaponics in the Middle East

Abstract The region being researched is the Middle East and their sustainability. Water scarcity and poverty affect the production of food,…

Started by Suna Owens

1 Feb 19, 2016
Reply by Antoine Boctor

Does anyone recognize this freshwater fish?

Started by Guillermo Nido

7 Feb 18, 2016
Reply by Steve R

pH and Nutrient Deficiency

My current water pH is maintain at 7.8 is it too high? Should i lower the pH?In this pH level will it lead to iron deficiency? I live in Ma…

Started by WeeTT

4 Feb 9, 2016
Reply by Cris Meeks

To filter or not to filter, that is the question...

I'm currently in the process of building a larger system but am very new to AP.  If the plan is to add worms to grow beds I'm thinking that…

Started by Cris Meeks

14 Feb 9, 2016
Reply by Cris Meeks

rate of calcium hydroxide for increasing pH

Hi everyone! Can anyone tell me the ideal rate of calcium hydroxide for increasing pH in my aquaponics?  What are the application methods…

Started by Aquaman

3 Feb 8, 2016
Reply by Jeff S

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service