Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Basic and Useful Info (1,484)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

grow bed depth

hello everyone,   I am in the process of building my first system and have read that a hydroton filled growbed must be 300mm deep. my quest…

Started by kevin darcy

6 Jun 3, 2017
Reply by Yaacov Levi

Alternative fish feed

I've been doing some research about alternative feed. some studies show duckweed; I think that Moringa Oleifera  leaves are the best.The le…

Started by Chamsiddine Afraitane

58 Mar 13, 2017
Reply by Bonnie Chen

aphids/lady bugs

In response to Robbie's question -- I buy my ladybugs at our local nursery.  A package of 3000 costs me about $8.  What I have found is tha…

Started by Janine Garfinkel

1 Mar 7, 2017
Reply by David - WI

Dose buffer can change the PH?

hello everyone! I have a question about buffer! I know buffer can stop PH decrease rapidly! but when I put buffer into my system, the PH in…

Started by LI CHONG

1 Feb 21, 2017
Reply by David

Murray Hallam's Indy system

I was considering purchasing the plans of either the Indy 11.5 or the 23 from Practical Aquaponics but find it says the are out of stock. I…

Started by Jim Edmunds

0 Feb 19, 2017

Murray Hallam's Indy system

I was considering purchasing the plans of either the Indy 11.5 or the 23 from Practical Aquaponics but find it says the are out of stock. I…

Started by Jim Edmunds

0 Feb 19, 2017

Size of a fish tank

I am new to Aquaponics and am wondering what size of fish tank I need. I am starting with 96 sq ft, with two media beds for sure. The third…

Started by Jim Edmunds

1 Feb 15, 2017
Reply by Jeff S

Levels okay? PH. Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrates.....not sure

I just want to know if these levels are acceptable readings - I have 3 150 gallons tanks with about 60 tilapia. We naturally have high PH a…

Started by Christine

1 Feb 9, 2017
Reply by Randall Wimbish

Filtration

I'm planning on making my own aquaponics system can I use a corner filter it's going to be a 30ish gallon tank so I figured by or making a…

Started by Bryce

1 Jan 22, 2017
Reply by Randall Wimbish

new strawberry growth curling and burning

hey everyone, I am brand new to this forum and look forward to both learning and, perhaps, teaching. right now, I have a problem at hand th…

Started by Aqua Dan

9 Dec 5, 2016
Reply by Pieter Swanevelder

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service