Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

Aeration (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thoughts on using medical O2 in aeration

My neighbor gave me 2 bottles of O2 from a deceased relative and I have a few extra air stones so I wondered if it would help giving an occ…

Started by Patrick

8 Apr 22, 2012
Reply by Glenn

weigh down my air line

I need my air lines to stay on the bottom of my grow beds.  Can I set bricks on it to hold them down or will that affect my water quality?

Started by Benicia Bendele

1 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Mazzei injector (venturi)

For redundant aeration on separate power source, I'm considering a Mazzei venturi.  They have no moving parts to wear out and I'd use a low…

Started by George

3 Mar 16, 2012
Reply by Ryan Chatterson

ActiveAQUA air pump

Hey all just hooked up my air pump for my fish tank 250 gal IBC drop in a 12 in stone and let her rip was not very impressed and after abou…

Started by Paul Wolf

4 Mar 13, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Aeration - more than Dissolved Oxygen levels?

Aside from keeping the DO optimal for fish and plants, has anyone placed direct aeration under the physical plants and compared growth with…

Started by Cory Torrella

53 Feb 28, 2012
Reply by Ryan Chatterson

Blowers are really loud what did you do to quiet them?

I am installing 2 Sweetwater blowers in Series and need to have 15' of metal pipe before they can go to plastic to ward off the heat.  I ha…

Started by Joe Bifano

4 Jan 19, 2012
Reply by Averan

Aeration plumbing size

I need to plumb my air diffusers. Some help if you please. The question: What size of tubing-plumbing do I use to plumb the air discs. My…

Started by M Cosmo

12 Jan 17, 2012
Reply by Oscar Olivera

interesting observation re:air blower

I finally bought an air blower (WW-39 from AES) ..those who know me here, know how much I resisted this..I had good growth rates in the win…

Started by Michelle Silva

11 Jun 28, 2011
Reply by David Hart

Need Aerator and airstones

Please recommned an aerator with 4 outlets for a 410 gallon fish tank. I have heard that the ones made in China do not last. Also I need ai…

Started by Gene Carr

36 May 18, 2011
Reply by Wayne

Backup and Off Grid Systems and Solutions - Aeration - Pumps

I thought I would add some links to some solar and other backup and off grid solutions. Solar Aerator   http://www.spotfree.net/home.html h…

Started by M Cosmo

11 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by nathaniel taylor

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service