- Your fish recognize you
- You buy a special home for the BSF maggots you are growing to feed your fish.
- You are known throughout the neighborhood as the house that grows the fish.
- You know the temperature of your fish tank every day.
- You talk about bacteria aging like it was a fine wine
- You banish your car to the driveway so you can have more room to grow in the garage
- You stress out over a .1 move in pH or ammonia.
- You buy a bigger truck so that you can haul more gravel.
- Your non-gardening spouse becomes conversant in aquaponic terms
- You look forward to a Saturday afternoon spent at the dump looking for old bathtubs and barrels
- You plan vacation trips around visiting other aquaponic gardeners.
- You travel 150 miles to pick up 20 tilapia
- When considering your budget, plants and fish are more important than groceries
- You could swear your fish are on the verge of speaking to you
- The terms "bacteria", "poop" and "waste" have taken on entirely new meanings
- You’d rather go to an aquarium store to shop than a clothes store.
- You take every single person who enters your house on a “garden tour”
- You look at cattle trough and think "grow bed"
- You ask for tools for Christmas, Mother/Father’s day, your Birthday and any other occasion you can think of.
- Invasive pond life like algae and duckweed are now fish food.
- You know how many bags of Hydroton your car will hold.
- Your preferred reading matter is forum threads
And last but not least:
You know that the four seasons are:
Planning your System
Cycling your System
Maturing your System
Expanding your System