Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

I don't consider myself a hard core prepper but I do try to plan for potential disaster situations as I can. I think having an AP system is a great match for any survival plan. Wrote a blog post about the reasons here: http://www.whatisaquaponics.co/4-reasons-preppers-need-an-aquaponic...

Any other aquapons consider their system part of a survival plan?

Views: 1421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know I'm wondering how about something besides talapia I've heard talapia can give inflamation 

There can maybe smaller bait fish 4 inches long that can be harvested for eatables. Be more difficult to fillet I've sceen them in river near here I don't know if they are eatables fish love them I know that.

Any of you on the west coast following this? You might want to sign up for "Forbidden Knowledge" if you aren't already. She spends her days finding the best on YT.

http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/videos/radiation-poisoning/fuku...

How many of you on this thread are following the CT fiasco? I use the abbreviation because if you are you know what ct stands for and another reason to keep your AP system under cover or in a GH. EVERY cloud in the sky here today is chemically formed.

Also anyone else watching the bright object that is getting brighter every day in the SW sky just after sunset? Hope it is Venus.

Hi Jim - I'm in the south east, not near the west coast, so I haven't been keeping up with this. Looks like it could be a serious issue that the govt would probably rather no one notice. You may want to start a discussion in another area of the forum exclusively for this issue.
Ray - there are lots of kinds of fish that may work in an AP setup, and each have pros and cons. I use bluegill currently but they grow much slower than tilapia.

ray said:

You know I'm wondering how about something besides talapia I've heard talapia can give inflamation 

There can maybe smaller bait fish 4 inches long that can be harvested for eatables. Be more difficult to fillet I've sceen them in river near here I don't know if they are eatables fish love them I know that.

hi huys you have to forgive me i work with dopes all day ...so when i talk to intellegent people....Its

like going from 78 mph pitching/ to like 96 moment i turn on the machine./

Now i have been noticing there is something in the sky that's very bright

but i see it Yes thats right i do see it in my west/ cause i live in miami and my front door is west... and yes to the south//

but im pretty sure thats venus?

i think blue gill/ would be ok/ but there are some fish that the bigger fish go nuts for they are 4 inches

when i get the name i will type it in here....

this fish is i wonder eatable , it looks like it matures quick./

im thinking you cant eat younger fish cause they are scaley think that would be right????

i think this post is for another topic. but i think that it would be a wonderfull thing. if we could make a 100 acre campus

for people like us. Cause in the computer we can communicate. but nothing is like being right there. i mean can you imagine

if we all got together the advancements we could reach. En earth sciences , chemicals , materials, food , prob even medicine. we would def reach some agricultural break through if we all got together.

Ray,

You may want to check out a couple of the sites below to learn what fish might be best for you.  The last site is university of miami...  you'll be surprised how willing universities are willing to help beginner aquaponics folks.

http://www.dunnsfishfarm.com/fingerling_fish_59_ctg.htm

http://www.allenswcd.com/fishsale/fishfingerlingsale.html

http://www.yellowpages.com/miami-fl/fish-farms

http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/groups/aquaculture

Don't be particularly worried about scales.  If you want to discuss privately, I can teach you how to clean and scale fish.

ray said:

hi huys you have to forgive me i work with dopes all day ...so when i talk to intellegent people....Its

like going from 78 mph pitching/ to like 96 moment i turn on the machine./

Now i have been noticing there is something in the sky that's very bright

but i see it Yes thats right i do see it in my west/ cause i live in miami and my front door is west... and yes to the south//

but im pretty sure thats venus?

i think blue gill/ would be ok/ but there are some fish that the bigger fish go nuts for they are 4 inches

when i get the name i will type it in here....

this fish is i wonder eatable , it looks like it matures quick./

im thinking you cant eat younger fish cause they are scaley think that would be right????

Hey Jim - yeah that's Venus out there.  Purdy isn't it???  As for the CT's yeah I'm concerned but what can we do?  Things happen and most people are plain oblivious......

End Times approachin'. 

i took another look and it looks like that venus. but thats not to say there could be something hovering around venus. there is odd about the glow coming from it round the edges. I saw some of those sites for fish and the prices are pretty good. i think im getting slowly an idea of what fish id like to grow. but like you guys say i have to reserve one year to it.

i just went fishing right now and didnt catch anything more to say fish stole all my bait. do you guys have any ideas on storage. i think from what i see the best thing is dehydrating the fish. Then putting it in a glass jar pressure sealing it. And leave it like that./  that's better than freezing. i really like to know what you guys think about that./

Rob, It is Venus,  Saturn is to the right of the Moon and lower.  mercury is above the moon at this time

Jim Fisk said:

How many of you on this thread are following the CT fiasco? I use the abbreviation because if you are you know what ct stands for and another reason to keep your AP system under cover or in a GH. EVERY cloud in the sky here today is chemically formed.

Also anyone else watching the bright object that is getting brighter every day in the SW sky just after sunset? Hope it is Venus.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service