Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'worms' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Camallanus worms

Does anyone know if there is any stage of a camallanus worm that can get into the grow beds?  My tropical freshwater community tank definit…

Started by Michelle Wilson

0 Aug 19, 2018

To filter or not to filter, that is the question...

I'm currently in the process of building a larger system but am very new to AP.  If the plan is to add worms to grow beds I'm thinking that…

Started by Cris Meeks

14 Feb 9, 2016
Reply by Cris Meeks

Drowning slugs by flooding growbeds?

Hello Aquaponic Community, I have waged war on the slugs in my growbeds.  I read recently that I should flood the growbed for 15 minutes o…

Started by James Rubasch

2 Nov 23, 2015
Reply by George

Media Beds increase oxygen demand?!

Someone told me this the other day (not from a forum but from an email) and it doesn't sound accurate to me: [media beds] are great for nit…

Started by Adam Dusen

5 Aug 7, 2014
Reply by Jim Fisk

Filter solids from FT or not?

Hi folks, I'm a beginner in the design stage so I have been watching all sorts of YouTube videos and reading all I can. Sylvia's book seems…

Started by Terry Healy

1 Mar 9, 2014
Reply by Matt T.

Anchor Worm Breakout in Goldfish - are the plants still safe?

Hello, I'm a newbie to this, and didn't quarantine my fish before I purchased them at the store. 2 weeks later, all 3 goldfish had anchor…

Started by Razan Alzayani

1 Jan 1, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Making a worm bin

I wanted to link to my latest blog post about building a worm bin, since there have been multiple discussions on this forum about using wor…

Started by Daniel

13 Nov 1, 2013
Reply by Daniel

Clay pebbles are moving, harmfull?

Hi! I've just started my first aquaponics system, feels great! I have a fish tank underneath a media bed filled with clay pebbles and I'm p…

Started by Niklas Hjelm

4 Sep 8, 2013
Reply by Niklas Hjelm

Caterpillar Pest Control

I recently discovered a horde of armyworms (at least, I'm pretty sure that's what they are) taking up residence in my growbeds and doing a…

Started by Alex Veidel

7 Aug 29, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Worms!

There has been some (much?) chatter on other AP forums about using redworms in your media beds to "process" your solids.  I love this idea!…

Started by Sylvia Bernstein

124 Mar 26, 2013
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service