Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'sump' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need Help Settling A Disagreement-Sump Tanks

Hello everyone! I recently finished Sylvia's Aquaponic Gardening book and feel empowered to make my own system. My goal is to eventually ha…

Started by Darlene Cerullo

35 Nov 1, 2017
Reply by Tom Oliphant

Sump overflows

I just added two more Flood and drain grow beds to my system and now it overflows my sump tank. The tank runs dry about 3 minutes befor the…

Started by Dennis Brooks

9 Sep 12, 2014
Reply by Jim Fisk

Another purpose for sump tank?

Hello All, Greetings to all enthusiasts.  I am designing my first aquaponics system using IBC as my fish tank containers as well as my sum…

Started by Ronald Lao

14 Aug 23, 2014
Reply by Jim Fisk

Help!! Using an Indexing valve to increase growing area without adding a sump.

I have a few 300 gallon systems that are a bit too overstocked with fish so they are always on the borderline of being out of balance. I ha…

Started by Mathew Slattery

6 Jul 14, 2014
Reply by Jeremiah Robinson

My Huge PVC Hoophouse Build (Lots of pics chronological 1 month)

Now that classes are done for the semester I have put most of my time toward my greenhouse and aquaponics set-up. I am posting some photos…

Started by Jason Finn

7 Aug 10, 2013
Reply by Jason Finn

grow bed ratio

Just out of curiosity, is my sump tank a consideration that needs to be taken when determining the size of my grow bed or is it just the…

Started by Daniel Budfuloski

4 Oct 21, 2012
Reply by George

Is a 3200 gph too much for a 100 to 200 gallon tank?

I am in the process of putting a system together that I designed (in my head that is).  Also, I am in the process of trying to convince my…

Started by Brian Watson

9 Jul 17, 2012
Reply by Brian Watson

Advice on Poly Tank FT Requested

I think I have found a fairly good deal on a 1550 gal horizontal poly tank. I was thinking I could cut out the top and maybe put hinges on…

Started by Aquamaple

17 Jul 10, 2012
Reply by Chris Carr

Aquaponics system Dorset UK

Hi we have set up in our poly tunnel, a 1300 litre fish tank, 50 organic carp, with five x 135 litre grow beds and a sump tank. We are read…

Started by Tina Cresswell

0 Mar 13, 2012

Rule of thumb for sumps?

If I have about 185 gal fish tank [bottom portion of IBC], and am starting with two 75 gal grow beds (sans rock) [top 12 inches of IBC].  …

Started by Jon Baldwin

1 Jul 16, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service