Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'organic' (19)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

AQUAPONICS IN MISSISSIPPI

HI! I am currently looking for people with information, knowledge or interest in aquaponics in the state of Mississippi.  I am also looking…

Started by denverbunny

1 Sep 23, 2016
Reply by Don Arnold

Nutrient Supplementation in Certified Organic Commercial Aquaponics

I co-manage a large USDA Certified Organic Commercial Aquaponics Greenhouse in North Central Indiana. Total volume of  this system is appro…

Started by Michael Brooks

3 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Scott Roberts

Organic Certification

I am in the process of getting our aquaponic system certified organic. But I have run across some hurdles that I need help with. I was usi…

Started by Max Smith

6 Mar 21, 2015
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Spider Mites

OK so I got these strawberry plants from a store and low and behold spider mites (Big surprise). My question is how do I get rid of them wi…

Started by Stevie Martens

9 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Glenn

What Makes Aquaponics "Tick"?

So, I've been reading a book on hydroponics. The author is explaining how in soil gardening, organic matter present in the soil needs to be…

Started by Alex Veidel

1 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by Jonathan Kadish NYC AA Chair

Pesticide Precautions

For those of you that know me, my goal with aquaponics as of right now is to learn by experience (my own personal system) in hopes that in…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Dec 14, 2012
Reply by Alex Veidel

Natural pesticide for Aphids

We grow veggies and flowers in the dirt organically. We don't use any chemicals at all. I have been searching for a natural remedy for cont…

Started by JRComito

12 Oct 6, 2012
Reply by Chris Downs

pH Mystery

I've had a lot of help with this from a question I posted on a recent photo upload, but now I think the discussion is getting to the size w…

Started by Amanda Plante

19 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Fish as Pest Predators?

Background: While I was on vacation, I had the chance to read Sylvia Bernstein's step-by-step guide to aquaponic gardening.  The pest contr…

Started by Amanda Plante

2 Aug 8, 2012
Reply by George

Biochar as a Aquaponic Substrate

Hello Everyone, I'm new to the world of aquaponics and have been reading up on it for the past couple of days trying to finds ways to make…

Started by Raylard

15 Jul 12, 2012
Reply by Jim Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service