Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'media' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

stability of the grow bed with an ebb and flow system

Hi, I'm just setting up a system with a bell siphon and it works as expected but during the grow bed fill cycle, the light weight media ris…

Started by David Greenstein

4 Oct 2, 2012
Reply by David Greenstein

White powder residue on Hydroton??

My system has been up and running for a couple months and recently I started noticing a white powder residue substance on some of my Hydrot…

Started by Benjamin Udy - Super Genius

4 Sep 16, 2012
Reply by Chuck Goecke

system order for raft, media bed, and nft running by gravity feed

Hello all: I am new to this site but i have a question about the order of grow beds. Mine is set up to drain from the tank into filtration…

Started by Sammy Steele

0 Jul 31, 2012

Biomedia?

Looking for a good source for bio-filtration media. Was thinking bioballs in a net bag. Anyone have a good source for them? Or ones they li…

Started by Jessica Schilke

4 Jul 21, 2012
Reply by Siggy G

Grow Planters and Containers

We all use a variety of different grow planters and containers, some purchased and some DIY self made. It would be nice to share our experi…

Started by Sahib Punjabi

21 Jun 13, 2012
Reply by Chris Carr

Media

For those people setting up new systems, there are just a few things to keep in mind when choosing media. Primarily, you want media that wo…

Started by TCLynx

100 Feb 4, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Lightweight Media?

I am interested in putting together an indoor fill and drain system in my apartment and am trying to figure out what the best lightweight m…

Started by Ellen Roelofs

16 Oct 7, 2011
Reply by Averan

Experimenting with sand as a medium - flooding cycle

I have decided to experiment with course silica sand as a medium, and am wondering about the flooding cycle.  I first wanted to flood for 1…

Started by Kobus Jooste

9 May 15, 2011
Reply by Kobus Jooste

A combination media for dealing with rainwater alkalinity problems

Having been experimenting with rain water as the dominant water source in my AP unit has highlighted the need for improved management of th…

Started by Kobus Jooste

10 Apr 17, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

Using Pumice

halloGlad to join this forum. Can anyone explain the use of pumice for  grow beds media. Because right now I use it on the advice of some…

Started by miko

21 Feb 3, 2011
Reply by TCLynx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service