Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'grow' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wooden Growbed Sealing/Suggestions

Hi, I've been working on a new aquaponic system and recently developed concerns regarding the seasonal swelling/shrinking of wood due to m…

Started by Carson Miller

9 Jul 28, 2014
Reply by Carson Miller

Fill drain times

I have a 30 gal tank.2 50 lt. Grow beds.the fill time is 5-6 min. Any advice? Is this too fast or is it good? Thanks

Started by pierre roy

2 Jun 9, 2014
Reply by pierre roy

Low pH from grow media?

It seems like something's in my grow media that is lower pH like crazy.  My grow media is hydroton. I rinsed off the hydroton and tried sta…

Started by John

8 May 24, 2013
Reply by Harold Sukhbir

Heat Tolerant Lettuce

Summer is approaching, and I was wondering if anybody has any "tried and true" varieties of heat tolerant lettuce that they love to use dur…

Started by Alex Veidel

0 May 9, 2013

Off the Grid Grow Rooms

Hello fellow members.  My company, DRD Enterprises Inc of Davie, a Service Disabled Vet Owned Small Business has evolved from a primarily s…

Started by DavidPressler SafeDomesdotCom

0 Apr 28, 2013

Best Lettuce/Salad Greens Varieties

What are the best and/or favored lettuce-salad greens varieties for aquaponics systems, especially in the So. East? Inquiring mind wants to…

Started by Shean Smith

1 Apr 16, 2013
Reply by Charles Scholl

Potassium as a water softener...ok?

Hi guys, I've finally cycled up my new AP system. I'm on a well out here in Montana, USA and have extremely hard water. We have dogs and ho…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

1 Dec 18, 2012
Reply by Glenn Davis

grow bed ratio

Just out of curiosity, is my sump tank a consideration that needs to be taken when determining the size of my grow bed or is it just the…

Started by Daniel Budfuloski

4 Oct 21, 2012
Reply by George

400W HTGSupply grow light kit

Hello, I was hoping to get some feedback from the group about a possible light kit before I actually pull the trigger and get it. I am curr…

Started by Jeremy Wheaton

7 Oct 13, 2012
Reply by Roger

passive aeration of water from the growbeds

As some of you have noticed, I am designing a sustainable solar greenhouse. In my quest to limit the watt draw needed from the solar array…

Started by Pat Chesney

36 Sep 12, 2012
Reply by Brian Mouncer

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service