Aquaponic Gardening

A Community and Forum For Aquaponic Gardeners

All Discussions Tagged 'catfish' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Channel Catfish Fingerlings

Does anybody know of some good places to get Catfish fingerlings either through mail or somewhere in the Chicago-land area for pickup? (al…

Started by Alex Veidel

2 Sep 8, 2016
Reply by Alex Veidel

Tropical Aquaponics System - Costa Rica

Hey everyone, here's my intro.  I live in Costa Rica and love aquaponics and gardening with perennial edible plants.  I also run the site h…

Started by Survival Gardener

0 Mar 20, 2015

Blue Gill vs. Tilapia

How long does it take Blue Gill to reach "plate" size. I am considering BG or Tilapia or Channel Cats as my first fish. I have some goldfis…

Started by Robert McClellan

5 Mar 17, 2014
Reply by Scott Roberts

Catfish Tank

Quick question for y'all. I've been thinking about getting some more fish into my system. I've got a tank that's 148"x30"x20"(LWH)....Would…

Started by Alex Veidel

4 Mar 2, 2014
Reply by Alex Veidel

Raising Catfish

Hey, I was wondering, does anybody know of any good informational resources for raising catfish? Especially if they are resources that you'…

Started by Alex Veidel

7 Dec 10, 2013
Reply by Alex Veidel

Can I eat fish that died in the tank?

Hi All, I forgot to turn my pumps back on last night, and today I woke to oxygen starved catfish. This was very upsetting to see them on th…

Started by Elio

2 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by Elio

catfish temperature change rate

I have a tank full of catfish in series with an empty tank which trout will inhabit on Monday.  I need to drop the temperature on the catfi…

Started by Jeremiah Robinson

4 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by Larry Renegar

Finding Tilapia and other fish in Florida

I came across this ad on Craigslist for tilapia fingerlings, channel cats, and other fish. The price is the cheapest I've found (100 for $6…

Started by Kenyon James Hopkins

1 Apr 20, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

GreenHouse Setup

in the process of building a 60 X 30 GH.  I am looking for suggestions on which is the most productive way to set up the GB. I have two IB…

Started by chris taylor Swamp Creek Farms

2 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by TCLynx

Food for Channel Catfish

I have started a system with goldfish and plan to add catfish fingerlings. I was wondering what people are feeding their catfish and where…

Started by Steve Stark

3 Aug 25, 2011
Reply by Wayne Sumrall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Sylvia Bernstein.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service